047b - A Lesson on Closure Part 2

(047b - A Lesson on Closure Part 2)

This chapter is dedicated to every single family member out there, officially or unofficially. I really want to appreciate your help these past few weeks, especially this week that just passed. Thank you so much for always having my back, I honestly don't take it for granted. Y'all are the best, and I love you no capping🥺❤️✨.

Also, thank you so much for the 65k+ views on this book. On our way to 70k Guys. We are literally two months away from the book clocking one year 🙊😲. Yeah, I can't believe it too! We have come a long way y'all, and we'll keep moving🔥❤️.

P. S. This chapter is heavily unedited. I'm so sorry.

Let's dive in🔥.

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

I didn't bother going back to the locker room after the text message I got from Adela. It was only about thirty minutes to the end of school so I decided I'd just shower at home. Besides most people had gone home already, most SS3 students at least because we weren't writing the upcoming first term exams with the rest of the school.

So, I made my way to the Health Centre, a storey building located just behind the senior block, and overlooked the garden. The male ward was on the top floor of the building so I had to take the stairs. Everywhere was surprisingly quiet. I couldn't even hear the nurses gossiping.

Trust me, those women gossip like there's no tomorrow. And they are loud as fuck.

They have probably gone home. Lazy people.

I entered the male ward, and just as I thought, the nurses weren't on seat. But that didn't mean the ward was empty because she was there, just like she said she'd be.

The strap of my bag slipped from where it was hung on my shoulder as I stood in the doorway and silently watched her.

Adela was attending to someone, crouched in front of the boy sitting on one of the beds. I could only see the side of his face so I didn't recognize him, but I knew for a fact he wasn't from my class or our set. Maybe in SS2 or SS1 because he looked quite mature to be in a junior class. Adela was massaging his ankle and I could tell he must have probably sprained it while doing a sport.

But that wasn't even what caught my attention.

What caught my attention was the way Adela was speaking to him, calmly and soothingly, saying things that made the boy giggle so uncontrollably as if he had just seen his crush. Adela was gentle with him as she daintily massaged his ankle, a complete opposite of how she had massaged mine the first day we officially met. The boy wasn't even wincing, not to talk of crying out in pain.