02.10

[act two; chapter ten     -     no thank you!]

Donnie wished he could have stayed in the house, but no, the stupid ogres wanted to eat them. They were yelling up at them with their whiny sounding voices and it was really starting to give him a headache.

A few minutes later, Frank finally joined them. He was an interesting guy, Frank was. He seemed nice and all, but there was something about him that reminded Donnie of himself. They both seemed to cover up all of their problems with jokes or making sure everyone else was always okay.

"Morning," Percy said grimly. "Beautiful day, huh?"

He wore the same clothes as the day before—jeans, his purple T-shirt, and Polartec jacket, his pair of black Chucks—but they'd obviously been freshly washed, well, except for his dirt covered shoes. He held his sword in one hand and a garden hose in the other. Why there was a garden hose on the roof, Donnie wasn't sure, but every time the giants sent up a cannonball, Percy summoned a high-powered blast of water and detonated the sphere in midair.

Hazel patrolled the widow's walk between the two attic gables. She wore jeans, a cream-coloured jacket, and a white shirt that made her skin look as warm as cocoa. Her curly hair fell around her shoulders.

Zara was sitting on the edge of the roof, her legs kicking back and forth gently. She seemed stuck in her head, same as she had last night after they found Donnie. Her hair was damp after her morning shower, tied into two braids that hung over her shoulders. She was wearing a pair of overalls that she had stolen from Andromeda, a light coloured Lady Gaga shirt underneath, a corduroy jacket overtop, and her Doc Martens. She pushed herself up and walked towards them, wrapping her arms around Donnie's torso.

He grinned and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "Hello to you, too, Zebra."

She let out a groan and poked his stomach. "I thought that was in the past."