13.07

Soon after getting home, early in the morning, Helena video called Amelia, her phone propped up on her counter, as she waited for the microwave to heat up her leftovers

Soon after getting home, early in the morning, Helena video called Amelia, her phone propped up on her counter, as she waited for the microwave to heat up her leftovers. Her daughters had spent the night at Meredith's, due to her visit to the prison, so the home was unusually calm, the sound of their chatter the only in the room.

"Everywhere I checked, it says I need Alex's arrest record number to get any information about his case." Helena sighed, getting on her tiptoes to check on her leftover pasta. "So I can't find him because I don't have the number, and I can't ask him the number because I can't find him."

"Oh, wasn't he sending you all the court information, just in case?" Amelia suggested, her own phone propped up on her sink, as she applied some blush on her cheeks."Maybe it's in your email."

"I'll look." She nodded, opening up her laptop, next to the phone, furrowing her brows slightly as she looked for the information. After a moment, she let out, excitedly. "Oh, oh, here it is. RDH4467A239."

As her microwave beeped, however, she moved out of the camera's frame. "Wait just a second, dinner's ready."

"You do know that it's seven am, right?" The neurosurgeon teased, grabbing her mascara.

On her side of the phone, Amelia then saw Helena from a lower angle, as she balanced her plate, laptop and phone to the kitchen island. "Oh, shut up. I haven't slept yet, that means it's dinner."

"Sure." She chuckled. "Hey, at least you came back alive from the prison."

"Told you, I'm tougher than I look." The short girl grinned playfully, taking a bite of pasta before inserting the information on her laptop. "Here we go. Criminal case... uh, disposition... blah, blah, blah... criminal procedures have been concluded and... indefinitely postponed."

"Indefinitely postponed?!" Amelia let out, scrunching up her face. "What the heck does that mean?"

"It means the trial has been canceled." Helena sighed, closing her eyes in defeat. "Which means he took a plea, which means he's in prison. "

"Ok..." The blue eyed woman nodded, attempting to comfort her girlfriend. "Hey, it's what we expected. It's not a surprise, right?"

"No, no... it's just... God, he's infuriating." She let out, almost stabbing her pasta in the process, frustrated. "This whole thing is infuriating."

"What do you want to do?"

"I have to go look for him." Helena nodded, in resignation. "I mean, there can't be those many jails in Seattle, right? So I'll... I'll try to go to the DA's office, to see if they know anything more and if not... well, I'll go jail to jail."

"No, you won't." Amelia denied, closing her mascara, as she now looked directly at Helena. "I'll go to the DA's office, you'll go get some sleep."