SEVEN: ALWAYS THE BABYSITTER

They'd ended up sitting at a bench in the trailer park, conveniently right next to the trailer covered in police caution tape, trying to fill Nancy in on what they knew.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down?" Nancy asked then quietly, looking down at the table as she spoke, trying to comprehend what was going on.

"If the shoe fits," Steve nodded, looking over at Eve - she wasn't really listening, instead messing around with Dustin's flashlight.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or... or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin explains to her, snatching his flashlight off of Eve and putting it in the side compartment of his bag where it belonged.

"All we know is this is something different," Max says, shivering slightly from the cold wind, "something new."

"It doesn't make sense," Nancy shakes her head.

"It's only a theory," Dustin tells her, understanding why she would be confused.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense," Nancy rephrases, "I mean, why them?"

"Why Barb? Why Heather?" Eve argues, "With them it was random, it's probably the same here. Chances are wrong place, wrong time."

"They were both at the game," Dustin adds.

"And near the trailer park," Max realises.

"We're at the trailer park," Steve points out, making all of them look around the area, suddenly a little uneasy, "uh, should we make not be here?"

"There is something about this place," Nancy says, eyes falling on the yellow caution tape, "Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"Acting weird as in...?" Robin asked.

"Scared, on edge, upset," Nancy described, shaking her head a little as she thought back to her friend in the car.

"Max said Chrissy was upset too," Dustin realised.

"Yeah, but not here," Max disagrees quickly, "She was crying in the bathroom at school."

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike, right?" Robin asks them all, making them nod, "So, maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman-"

"Vecna," Dustin corrected.

"I dunno about you, but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone," Steve says to them.

"Yeah, when I first saw the mind flayer on the field Steve was the first person I told," Eve agrees with her brother, him nodding along.

"Maybe they did," Max suggested, "I saw Chrissy leaving Ms Kelly's office. If you saw a monster, you... you wouldn't go to the police, they'd never believe you. But you might go to your-"

"Your shrink," Robin realises, making max nod.

"Then we go to ms Kelly," Eve says, standing up, "This place is giving me bad energy."

"Bad energy as in you just don't like it or mind flayer, oh fuck the worlds ending bad energy?" Dustin asked her, jumping up quickly. She was vital in figuring out if this had something to do with the mind flayer, she would still be linked to it.

"Just bad energy, Dustin," Eve shrugs, "Let's leave."

Everyone jumped up after her, all heading to where they had parked the car, Steve getting out his keys before realising Nancy was not joining them, but rather heading off to her own car.

"Whoa, Whoa, Nance," Steve jumped forward, to try and get her to go with them, "Where are you going?"

"There's just something I wanna check up on first," Nancy says to them, holding her bag close to her chest.

"Something you wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin asked.

"I don't wanna waste your time," Nancy shakes her head, "It's a real shot in the dark."

"Yeah, Okay. Are you out of your mind?" Steve then asks her, his protective side jumping out - the sight made Eve hide her smile, looks like Steve had a little bit of a crush reappearing, "Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose? It's too dangerous. You need... you need someone to..." He stopped for a second, before looking at Robin, "Here. I'll stick with Nance," He threw her his keys, "You guys take the car, check out the shrink."

"I don't think you want me driving your car," Robin says, a little confused.

"Why?" Steve asks.

"I don't have my licence," Robin says, stating the obvious.

"Why don't you have a licence?" Steve then asks a little confused.

"I'm poor?" Robin responds.

"I can drive," Max suggests, making Steve's head snap over.

"No," He shuts down the idea immediately, "Never again, please. Anybody but you. No."

Eve then slowly raises her hand in suggestion, making Steve shake his head again, "No chance."

"Alright, okay," Robin moves forward, grabbing Dustin's torch from his bag, "This is stupid." She then gives Steve his keys back, "Us ladies will stick together. Unless you think we need you to protect us?"

Steve stays silent, making Robin laugh lightly, before walking back to Nancy's car. Nancy is quick to join her, giving Steve a small shrug.

"Be careful!" He yells to the two before looking back at the three teenagers, clearly a little annoyed.

"You just gonna start there and gawk?" Dustin asked, making Steve roll his eyes and head towards the driver's seat.

"Shut up," Steve shakes his head, jumping in. Eve jumped in the front once again, leaving Dustin and Max in the back.

"Always the goddamn babysitter," Steve yells when everyone is in the car before starting the engine and heading off, very annoyed by the whole situation. He was doomed to spend forever babysitting a couple teens.