Tommy Troubles

You aren't sure what woke you up.

One moment you were sleeping soundly, and the next, your eyes are snapping open in the dead of night.

You were nestled in the attic bed, bundled in blankets, one of Techno's arms strewn over your collarbone.

It was hard to make out the room, the small attic window not letting much moonlight in, but you could see enough. You could see Techno, on his stomach snoozing, you could see your compass on the end table shimmering, and the skull mask and crown next to it. The candle was long blown out, no longer melting with heat.

It was so strangly silent.

The only noise being Techno's incredibly soft and deep breaths and the stray gentle tacking of snow flakes on the window.

You could've gone back to bed. You really could have.

But after a moment too long of sitting there, you realized the water downstairs sounded nice. Just a cup. To quell the dryness of your throat.

Nothing more.

Then you would addle your way back into bed, nuzzle up into the warmth of Techno (your friend. Who you shared a bed with now. For some reason) and then you would go to sleep.

First, however, you had to get out of bed.

Which was difficult with an arm strewn over your collarbone, but you managed, wiggling out from under it and sitting up.

Which is when you encountered your next problem.

You sleep against the wall, because Techno is generally the one that wakes up before you and likes the edge so he doesn't wake you.

Which meant you had to cross over Techno to get out.

Which was difficult because you also wanted him to stay asleep.

You started by trying to stand up on the bed.

Bending and crouching, head touching the slanted ceiling and the weight of you standing in the bed making Techno's body slide towards your feet.

You were quick to step over him, one foot at a time, barely enough space to place a foot down, but regardless, you achieved what you set out to do, sitting on the bed and softly sliding to the floor.

You glance back at the sleeping Techno.

His hair was a mess, all sorts of tousled and you couldn't help but coo at him for just a second.

Haha- big sleepy bear.

Big sleepy bear rest on bed and snooze.

You tuck a hair behind his pointy ear before turning around and heading to the trapdoor.

Slow to open, quick to descend, and quiet to close.

Your feet touched the chilly floor, sending shivers up your back as you took in the room.

The fire was almost all embers, crackling blacks, and low reds softly illuminating anything close to it. Still incredibly dark however.

You stumble around for a moment, first finding the pitcher on the crafting table, before opening a chest to start searching for a cup.

Which took longer then you'd like to admit.

But eventually you found one, so you poured yourself some water, you drank it, and then your nightly escapade was complete.

You got what you wanted, and you should probably head back upstairs, but before you could continue, you heard a noise.

Just a small noise. Something akin to rustling paper.