Chapter Forty-Two: The Tragedy

Chapter Forty-Two: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖞
word count; 4.4k

"Dank farrik!"

Stopping in your tracks, you froze with prominent confusion on your expression. Hearing the timbre of Din's voice echo through the Razor Crest, you head for the ladder to reach the cockpit. You couldn't tell if he sounded angry or not... Perhaps the ship was malfunctioning again, as it always was.

"Hey, no, I'm not mad at you. You did good. I just..." Din continued, voice gentle. Just as you extended your arm to grab one of the steps, you halted to listen. Only then did you remember Grogu was up there with him. "When the nice lady said you had training, I just..."

Din paused... and sighed, heavily. He couldn't seem to finish that sentence. 

"You're very special, kid."

Grogu cooed softly, as if he were responding. For some reason, the conversation was leaving a pit of sorrow in your stomach...

"We're gonna find that place you belong and they're gonna take real good care of you," Din explained. The sounds of him working on something on the control panel reached your ears. "This is Tython. That's where we're gonna try and find you a Jedi. But you have to agree to go with them if they want you. Understand?" He stayed quiet for a second, as if waiting for him to reply. Then, "Plus, I can't train you. You're too powerful. Don't you wanna learn more of that Jedi stuff?"

The kid only grunted.

"I agreed to take you back to your own kind, so that's what I need to do. You understand, right?"

Again, Grogu didn't exactly respond to that. He likely comprehended part of what Din was trying to express to him... But you were beginning to think that Din wasn't only helping him understand. No, because he was also trying to convince himself that this was the correct decision—and that this was something he had to do.

Tython was deserted—but that was good. Because locating the seeing stone had not been difficult whatsoever, and spotting it from the sky had been simple. The gunship was landed a short distance away from it since there was no flat platform closer to settle on, though traveling to the stone had been easy with Din's jetpack. A scarce diversification of plants inhabited the word, but it was mainly dirt, sand, and boulders. The atmosphere was dry, scratching your throat with every breath you took, but you soon grew accustomed to the air. There didn't seem to be any civilization from your point of view, even as you were upon the heights of the seeing stone. Towering rocks surrounded the stone, forming a perimeter around it, along with a few steps of stairs that guided you guys nearer to the smoothed stone in the middle.