2: Hawkins murder.

Y/n's pov

Mrs. Henderson, Dustin and I sat in front of the TV in the living room, our faces horrified at the news.

I interlocked my fingers with Dustin's sweaty ones and I could tell he was nervous about it.

A Hawkins high student had been brutally murdered that night.

"My heart can't take it anymore, I just cant take it." Mrs. Henderson kissed Tews's head.

The doorbell rung and Dustin's head snapped towards the sound.

We both stood up, running for the door.

Dustin opened it to reveal Max, which was unusual because Max lived on the other side of town.

She looked worried and out of breath and quite frankly like she had just seen a dead body.

Dustin stared at her in confusion before he invited her inside, and the three of us took residence in his bedroom.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin asked in disbelief.

Max had filled us in on everything she had seen and knew, including the fact that the student that had been murdered had been the captain of the cheer team, and Jason's girlfriend.

"You're sure it was Chrissy?" I asked.

Dustin paced as I sat on the end of his bed.

"Yes. She was in her cheerleader outfit, it was the same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie." Max explained.

Dustin sighed. "Did you tell all this to the cops?"

"No, no. But-I-I-I can't be the only one who saw them together, I mean, they stood out." Max said.

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" I was completely baffled.

"Exactly." Max confirmed. "Now, his name's not in the news yet or anything but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one right now."

"That's crazy. Eddie didn't do this." Dustin objected. "No way."

Max looked contemplative.

"No way." Dustin emphasized.

"Well, we can't rule it out." Max said.

"Yes, we can!" Dustin shouted.

"Dustin!" Max said sternly.

"You don't know him like I do, Max, okay?" Dustin asked as Max let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. "When we got to highschool Lucas made all his sports friends. Y/n made friends easily but Mike and me? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie."

"Okay, well I mean, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy." I butted in, a bit suspicious of Eddie. "Yeah, he's like a super nice guy but then he's murdering women on the weekend." I said.

"So you're saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin asked, growing defensive.

"No, I'm not-I'm just saying- we can't presume anything, okay? We-we cant rule anything out yet." I stuttered out.

"It just doesn't look good for Eddie." Max added.

Dustin sighed and flopped down on the bed next to me, taking my hands in his and gently running his thumbs along my knuckles.

He thought for a moment, before his line of vision shot up to Max.

"Why haven't you told the cops this?" He asked.

"I-I- I don't know." Max crossed her arms.

"You don't know?" Dustin asked.

Max sat down on the other side of me.