Chapter 508 - Getting The Marriage Certificate!

Her words took Karl by surprise. “What do you mean by that, Nora?”

Nora raised her eyebrows. She was about to speak when Ian said, “It means that the Smiths have someone who is even more impressive than Black Cat! Don’t think that you can keep going on and on about Black Cat just because you have Black Cat in your organization. We’re talking about the children’s marriage now, yet you keep going on and on about Black Cat. Can you get any more annoying?!” His words made Karl choke at once, but then he suddenly reacted and said, “This isn’t right, Smith. I am the one marrying my daughter to your nephew. You should be the one begging me instead! Why should I be the one coming over and talking to you?”

Ian, however, scoffed, “If you don’t want to talk to me about it, then I will go and talk to Tanya.”

As soon as he said that, Karl hurriedly said, “No, no, talk to me!”

Tanya and Karl had only just acknowledged each other, and their relationship was not very good. Karl couldn’t adopt the attitude of a father-in-law in the Smiths at all!

However, Karl would never allow his daughter to marry into the Smiths so quietly, either!

While he was thinking about it, Tanya and Joel entered the room walking hand-in-hand.

Both of them looked like they were in love with each other, and Tanya’s eyes looked like they were smiling

Joel’s smile had also become bigger and even more attractive than in the past. At the sight, Nora asked, “Did something good happen to make the two of you smile like that?”

Tanya glanced at Joel and blushed a little, though she didn’t say anything.

Joel walked up to Ian and Karl. He smiled and said, “Uncle Ian, Dad, Nora, all of you are here. It just so happens that I have good news for

you.”

All three of them were taken aback.

Karl was the first to react. “What did you just call me?”

Joel took out a folder and handed it to them. “Tanya and I registered our marriage and got our marriage certificate today. We are husband and wife from today.”

II

!

The news was simply too astounding—or at least, Nora was dumbfounded. She looked at Tanya incredulously.

Karl was also stunned. “You… Aren’t the two of you being a little hasty about this?” Tanya shook her head. “We’ve already let each other slip by us for five years. We don’t want to let another five years slip by us.”

Her words made Karl shut his mouth.

Ian stared at the two of them, so happy that even his eyes had turned a little red. He patted Joel’s hand and said, “That’s great! Great!”

While the bunch of them were all moved, Karl said with dissatisfaction, “The wedding…”

Tanya said, “I originally didn’t want to hold a wedding because I felt that it was pointless when we already have a child… but Joel didn’t agree to it. So, we’ve decided to invite our friends and family for a simple wedding a week later!”

Hearing this, Karl lowered his head. There was a faint layer of mist in his eyes. “Hmph, at least you know what’s good for you, kid!”

Joel smiled and said, “Dad, Uncle Ian. I have some details of the wedding that I want to discuss with the two of you.”

While speaking, he, Ian, and Karl entered the study.

Tanya stayed where she was and looked at Nora. She said, “Nora, I also have something to ask of you for the wedding-” Nora raised her eyebrows. “What is it?”