Chapter 530 - Jill's Secret!

Show menu

When he heard her, Karl looked at Nora and asked, “If I say that I don’t know, will you believe me?”

Nora was taken aback. “Why wouldn’t you know?”

Karl sighed. “I really don’t know how he left the country. I am only responsible for bringing them into the United States! Moreover, after we arrived in the country, we went our separate ways. I didn’t involve myself with them after that.”

Nora frowned.

She’d originally wanted to give Karl a chance to redeem himself, but with the way he was putting it, it really was Karl who had brought them into the country?

She broke into a frown.

Karl said, “It is indeed my fault for forging their documents and bringing them in and out of the country illegally. I am willing to be punished for it. You guys can decide the sentence!”

These were small charges, so he would probably be sentenced to jail for three to four years.

Seeing Karl confessing to his crimes so readily, Nora couldn’t help asking, “As far as I know, the Assassin Alliance never takes such jobs. Why did you take the job?” Karl sat on the chair casually. His big and muscular body on the tiny chair made the chair look as if it would collapse any moment.

He rolled up his sleeves, revealing the tattoos on his arm. He was the very picture of a delinquent from the underworld.

He grinned. “Why else could it be? Because they offered a lot of money, that’s why!”

Money…

Before Nora could say anything, Morris had already spoken. He said, “Mr. Moore, as far as I know, they only gave you 1.5 million dollars to enter the country. Others may be tempted by this amount of money, but considering how you are worth a few hundred million dollars, surely you won’t be interested in the job, right? I hope you can cooperate with our investigation! You have to give us a logical reason! Otherwise, we have reason to believe that you are in cahoots with the mysterious organization!”

Morris’ suspicions were well-founded, and even Nora couldn’t refute him.

Karl sighed. “It really was for the sake of money! People like us don’t have any boundaries for what we do. What’s bringing a few people back to the country when we are used to even murder? You think a few hundred million dollars is a lot of money? That money is slowly accumulated from several million-dollar jobs! I’ll say this, though I have never killed anyone in the United States, so you have no right to arrest me because of this!”

He spoke clearly and logically and was totally a wily old fox.

Nora looked at him, her jaw tensed up. She knew that Karl wasn’t telling the truth.

In the eyes of outsiders, the Assassin Alliance was indeed an underworld organization. As long as one offered them money, they would take the commission and do the killing.

However, she knew that the Assassin Alliance had boundaries!

Besides, there was an unwritten rule in the Assassin Alliance, and that was—they were not allowed to kill Americans! Because they didn’t want to leave behind criminal records in the States.

This rule was set by Karl, which went to show that the man had feelings for the country.

In fact, one could even say that Karl might have already made up his mind to retire in the States.

Yet he was suddenly saying that he was willing to do anything for money. She didn’t believe him at all!

Before returning to the States, Karl was completely unaware that he had a daughter. In the organization, he often advised others: “It’s enough to just have enough to spend. Don’t get too caught up in greed!” Besides, even Black Panther could tell that those people were problematic. Would he not be able to see it?