113

"After you,"

The tall white haired man let off a soft hum as the chime of the door echoed through the venue. It was a restaurant of no less than 5 stars, which was the standard for your monthly meetups with him.

You didn't hesitate to walk through as the man held the door open. That is, until you needed to correct his wardrobe.

Gently tugging down the fabric from his face, his luminous blue eyes blinked delicately at you. They were soon to be accompanied by his sly grin. "I thought you were into the blindfold look, Y/n-Chan."

You shook your head to hide your flushed cheeks. "I just wouldn't want to be seen hanging out with a weirdo with a blindfold. It's been how long and you're already trying to embarrass me?"

"Oh come on," Satoru whined out. "I know you love it. But if the missus wants me to take it off, that's fine by me. As long as I get to see your gorgeous eyes up close who am I to complain?"

Take as old as time, your cheeks went completely red. Sure you could compose yourself for a bit, but this was definitely overkill. Satoru? He's gotten you like this 4583 times. You? Maybe a good dozen. Youd hate to admit you weren't as good at riling him up, but you couldn't just give him the satisfaction of it all that easily! Especially after how long it's been.

After you took a step in the building, he followed. Taking a step in the building after you, the man wrapped his arms around your waist as he leaned his chin on your head. "Did ya miss me?"

You snorted. "In your dreams, Satoru. You're not the only hot shot sorcerer anymore. I've been busy with my own work, so I've had other things on my mind."

"Oh?" Satoru raised his eyebrows as the corners of his lips turned up in a cocky grin. "So my little Y/n-chan's all grown up into a fully fledged sorcerer? My my, it felt like it was only yesterday you were still struggling. What happened to you?"

•~•

You woke up in a cold sweat, but you couldn't remember a single thing you dreamt of. Whatever it was, it didn't feel all too refreshing. Your heavy eyelids and sluggish mood would only conclude that you were even more exhausted then when you first fell asleep.

It seems everything that happened was finally starting to take a toll on your body. You still couldn't help but feel it was all your fault. After all, it was your very existence that did this to him. Would Satoru of been better off never having met you? Even if the strongest can find love, should the strongest ever find love?

No matter what the right answer actually was, you couldn't change the situation you found yourself in. Right now, you and Satoru weren't anything. Lovers, friends, acquaintances, none of that. Even though you desperately wanted what you had before, you understood entertaining Satoru now would be only out of selfish reasons.

He still held your heart. Satoru wasn't lying about the whole red-string thing. As he said, you still painstakingly loved him. Maybe this would have been easier if you could break the curse of love binding you both together, but who really knows if that would even work. It's possible you could still love him even without it. That thought scared you most of all.

Nevertheless, the hypotheticals don't matter anymore. Right now, you were lying in the back seat of an Auxilary Manager's car, escorted by two first grade sorcerers. Who knows what will happen when you get back to Jujutsu Tech. Will they treat you like a student or a threat? You weren't to thrilled with either of those options, but you didn't have a choice either way. Whatever decision they make on your behalf will be miles better than what they'd plan to do to Satoru.