72.Unsure.

Rachel first looks at Maria, her wounds and then at you.

Rachel: "Would you look at that, one day you hate him and the next, you're letting him stand beside you as if he's your trusted ally."

Maria: "He's not who I thought he was that's wh-"

Rachel: "How PATHETIC! I knew that you would be too weak for this and those two wouldn't be any different! I warned them that it might come to this but after you started killing your own people they started viewing you differently. But that didn't convince me and look at you now, I can sense that light within you again but trust me its only gonna lead you to more suffering~"

Maria seems unaffected by what Rachel said and approached the cell.

Maria: "You done?"

Rachel: "I have a lot to say to you buuut it seems that with him around you, it will be a waste of breath."

Maria unlocks the door to her cell and walks in. You wait for a couple of seconds unsure of what to do until Maria turns to you and motions for you to come in too. After walking in you prepare for Rachel to jump at you but she stayed in place.

Rachel: "Such powers wasted on someone like you, you could rule this world yourself but you choose to throw it all away heheh...."

Maria uses her blood that's coming out of her hand to create a dagger in front of you.

Maria: "Go on [y/n], take it and use it on her however you see fit, I'll keep her in place so you don't have to worry about her attacking you."

She brought me down here just so she could give me a dagger and let me get my revenge for what she did to me and Helen? There's no way that that's all there is to it, well whatever I'll do what I can to make her see me a bit differently but I know for sure that it'll be impossible to make her trust me or join us within a day.

You push the dagger away and approach Rachel, once near her you kneel down in front of her.

[Y/n]: "I know that after what I've done to everyone-

Rachel: "I'm not stupid you know, I know he's dead otherwise you wouldn't be standing beside Maria unless somebody brought you back and you brainwashed Maria but I highly doubt it so instead of speaking about some nonsense with me, why don't you take that dagger and kill me with it."

[Y/n]: "No, that's not the right thing to do."

Rachel: "Then you'll torture me with your speech, great..."

She sighs as she lowers her gaze to the ground.

[Y/n]: "Listen, I'm not really sure what or how it all happened but it doesn't mean that you should give up, not now anyway. I can try and fix most of the damage that's been done to this world but I can't do it alone, especially if I have others who are going after my throat. You don't have to like me... all you have to do is help me fix all of this mess, that's all."

You feel like saying something more to her but she's been sitting as still as a statue this whole time, you're not even sure if she heard a word from you, so instead of wasting your time you stand up to leave but Rachel speaks up.

Rachel: "You know, I only have one regret..."

Your eyes meet and she creepily grins at you.

Rachel: "...That I didn't kill you when I had the chance."

[Y/n]: "I see."

You leave the cell with Maria and start walking back to the room where Jane and Helen are waiting for you.

[Y/n]: "Maria..."

She slightly turns her head to you while walking beside you.

[Y/n]: "Was all this necessary?"

Maria: "I wanted to be sure that you're truly somebody else and not him. You see even if somebody loses their memory, there will be moments where they show who they really were when they had their memories."

[Y/n]: "What? But didn't we tell you that we're from another world?"

Maria: "You didn't really tell me, I had to figure that one out myself but the first time we talked it felt like you lost your memories and I couldn't let that thought go for some reason, until now. I hope it didn't bother you too much, It's... It's just that I wasn't sure, I'm... not sure of a lot of things after meeting you."

She smiles at you with a tired expression on her face.

[Y/n]: "You had to make a lot of tough decisions so I can't blame you."

Maria: "Thank you [y/n]."

[Y/n]: "You should also think about getting some sleep after this."

A few guards pass you and Maria gets a bit closer to you as her voice turns into a whisper.

Maria: "Do I look that tired?"

[Y/n]: "No, but...when was the last time you slept?"

Maria: "A month and a bit ago... I think?"

A month?!

[Y/n]: "Okay, then how long do you usually go without sleep?"

You notice a few guards looking your way as you and Maria whisper to each other.

Maria: "A few months before I feel atleast a bit tired."

[Y/n]: "After everything that's happened, I feel like you should sleep for a bit. It might even help you think about things more clearly, just be careful, if Rachel doesn't trust you there's bound to be others who don't trust you as well."

You look at her and she smiles at you but her smile gives off waves of danger that you've felt from someone else before. She then wrapped one of her hands around your waist and pulled you even closer to her as she herself leaned in closer to your ear, close enough that you could feel her hot breath on it.

Maria: "I wouldn't mind having you in my room watching over me or better yet, in.my.bed~"

Your eyes go wide as she slowly pulls away and keeps walking beside you like nothing has ever happened. The guards that were looking at you had fear in their eyes and you get the feeling that they felt or saw something else then what was actually going on.

[Y/n]: "Funny."

Maria: "Oh? I wasn't joking [y/n]~"

...Well... that's unexpected, I kinda hoped that she would be joking but now it almost seems like she's turning into Fortune, just less aggressive.... for now.

Maria: "Anyway, we're here~"

You look at the door that you stopped at and then look further down the corridor.

[Y/n]: "Aren't we supposed to go a bit further?"

Maria: "No~"

Her happy tone gives off a weird feeling to you.

[Y/n]: "D-did you wanted to take something fro-"

Maria: "It's my room [y/n]~"

Oh no...
.
.
.