Forever

“Hey, I was wondering, instead of everyone searching outside together, why don't we separate?” In the next day, Y/N immediately put her current knowledge to work

“Hey, I was wondering, instead of everyone searching outside together, why don't we separate?” In the next day, Y/N immediately put her current knowledge to work. “I mean, there's a possibility that the demon is hiding inside the village, I thought that maybe we could question the people?”

It would be too suspicious to directly affirm that the demon isn't outside, so the better course of action is for her to subtly 'suggest' a plausible plan.

“Separate, huh?” Shinobu thought, her smile growing wider as she said : “Okay, then me and Y/N question the people, and you two go search for it outside!”

“….Isn't this separation too biased?” Giyuu commented, sweat-dropping.

“You three already spent a lot of time together, am I right? While I was working so hard, taking care of so much people all alone, you guys all had fun together, all without me-” She faked a sad expression.

“Waaa, I'm so sorry, Shinobu! I promise I will stay right by your side!” Y/N grabbed her hands, exclaiming with a tearful expression, what an easily manipulated fool-

“Really? You will not leave my side for a single second?”

“I won't!” She nodded.

“Good.” Shinobu's grip on Y/N's hand suddenly got stronger. “S-Shinobu??”

“See? Y/N wants to stay with me, so it's not biased at all! So go on to look for the demon you two, shoo, shoo-”

'I feel like I got swindled somehow-' Y/N thought, blankly watching the two hashiras leaving.

Now, all that's left is to start the questioning process.

Maybe it's because she managed to 'activate' the fighting spirit, but Y/N has been feeling goosebumps all day, like there's danger around, but she can't see anything suspicious when she looks around her.

In the way to the treatment center, she harshly bumped into the elder. “Oh! I'm so sorry!”

“It's okay, I can see you guys are quite busy.”

“Well, I guess you could say tha-”

“Lovely day, isn't it?”

“…Yeah?”

“I'm on my way to do a walk through the garden, feel free to join me any time.”

“Thanks for the offer…” She awkwardly said as the lady left, has she always had this creepy vibe?

Could she be the demon? But it doesn't make sense, for what Y/N knows, the disease started to spread around a month ago, but the elder lives in the village for way longer than this, if she really was the demon, why would she wait so long to start killing the people? The dates simply don't match.

With this, she brushed off the uncomfortable feeling and went back to the treatment center to question the rest of the infected people.

“Shinobu! I'm back, and I brought the medicine too!” Y/N approached Shinobu as she was speaking with one of the infected, but they suddenly started to cough loudly.