L E T T E R

I stood in front of my mirror dressed in a black dress my hair neatly curled, my face is so puffy from crying all day

      I stood in front of my mirror dressed in a black dress my hair neatly curled, my face is so puffy from crying all day. My fingers softly touched the necklace around my neck with his initial, these past days have been like hell. It feels like my heart has a hole and it'll never cover, I cry every night, every morning, every afternoon even in my sleep I cry. Donovan has been monitoring me because I've been forgetting to eat, even to breathe sometimes.

A knock came from my door, it opened revealing Isabella who was also dressed in black. She smiles, sadly while walking closer to me. Her arms wrap around me as she softly kisses the top of my head, and my head falls against her shoulder.

"I miss him." I whispered.

"Me too, sweetie." She brushes my hair with her fingers.

I crossed my arms over my chest and she held me from my side, we both walked out of my room to downstairs. The entire car ride to the funeral was quiet, the sky was grey and stormy. We tried bringing Nastassia but she couldn't face the reality of it all, which I understand because not only did she lose her brother but she also lost the man she loved. These few nights I've noticed something different about her, it's like she left her old self back there burning in that house.

I hate to say this but there's something dark about her, something I once saw that looks a lot like a thirst for revenge.

Donovan opened the car door for me and held his hand out for mine, he's been a big help since everything especially when he sleeps on the couch in my room just to monitor me. I spotted the coffin that was filled with his ashes, there were very few people surrounding it mostly his family just he'd want it.

The person was standing right next to the coffin with his hand softly touching the wood, he wasn't family because I didn't recognize him. He was wearing all black with a long coat over his suit, with a black pair of sunglasses and a purple clematis flower in his hand.

"Tobias." Donovan whispered, he sounded like he was shocked.

The man turned around, Donovan released my hand before quickly embracing the man.

"I came as soon as I heard." Tobias whispered while hugging him back just as tightly.

"Thank you." He whispered, his voice cracked mid-sentence.

They pulled apart, Tobias wiped Donovan's tears with a soft smile appearing on his lips.

"This is my sister-in-law, Genevieve." Donovan introduced me with a soft humming to his voice.

Tobias took his sunglasses off, it was shocking to see those familiar green eyes again because they looked just like Nathaniel's. My hand softly was touching my small bump, and my shoulders had relaxed just a bit.

"This is Tobias De La Fuentes, he's Nathaniel's childhood best friend." Donovan said.

"Nice to meet you." I whispered.