Twenty Three.

Jayson's POV

"Can I see that one?" I pointed.

"What you doing over here?" Jaylen came over and asked me.

"Just browsing." He smirked. "What?" I looked over at him.

"You browsing for engagement rings?"

"Man I'm just looking. Seeing what's out there."

"You ain't gotta explain nothing to me." He held his hands up.

I examined the ring that I asked to see and it was nice. It's just not Naomi so I gave it back.

Me and JB are at a jewelry store to pick up something he needed. While he was handling his business I decided to check out some other stuff and stumbled across the engagement rings. That's it.

I got a text from Naomi and immediately shook my head. Her antics are too funny.

I had to call her real quick because of what she asked for

I had to call her real quick because of what she asked for. "Hi bubba." I heard her beam.

"Nas you-"

"Tatum. This name you trying to make stick is not happening."

"You trippin. That name is clean."

"It's not though. Boo was just fine."

Naomi's middle name starts with an A and her last name is an S. I'm trying to get her to like Nas but she ain't fuckin with it.

She likes the cuteness of boo which I get but I was trying to be original but if she likes it then I guess I gotta let this name go.

"Anyway. That's not why I called. I'm not getting you Chinese."

"But why?" She whined.

"You have an allergic reaction to it every time."

"No I don't. That's because of something else. It's not like imma die anyway."

"Pick something else."

"You're a butthole. Thinking you somebody daddy."

"Do we need to talk about-"

"No we do not. I'll just take some Wendy's. Add a frosty please." Yeah cause she knows she be calling me daddy.

"You got it. I'll be home in like an hour, maybe less."

"Okay. I love you." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"I love you too...Nas."

"Jayson-" I hung up and laughed.

We're not living together but she is currently at my house. She spends time at the crib sometimes so it's natural for both of us to say "home" when we bring up my house.

"You ready?" JB asked with his bag in his hand.

"Yeah- wait let me see that one." I pointed to a ring by itself.