Chapter Twenty Six

"You think a princess and a guy like me could . . . ?"
- Han Solo

❆ ❆ ❆

"Anakin, please." Oriel begged on her knees, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Don't do this."

She looked up and looked straight into the cold yellow eyes that had replaced Anakin's once brown ones. He held his lightsaber in front of him, aimed at Oriel.

"Please, you know my condition. You wouldn't do this to Padme so don't do this to me." Oriel's heart felt as if it had been ripped from her chest and torn into many pieces.

"Join me." Anakin finally spoke. "Join me and you can live the life you long to have, just as I do." His voice sounded different, more demanding yet more proud.

"Never." Oriel took a deep breath and her vision went dark.

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel's eyes opened and she instantly had to shut them from the blinding white light. She could hear a high pitched noise beeping rapidly. Oriel then realised it was beeping the same pace that her heart was pumping from the intense dream. At least she hoped it was a dream.

"Please, just let me through. I can hear her heart monitor from here, she's in trouble!" The familiar accent of Obi-Wan could be heard from somewhere near.

Oriel got the courage to open her eyes and when they adjusted, she could see she was in a hospital room. A white curtain was pulled around her bed and her heart monitor was starting to slow down.

"Obi-Wan." Oriel tried to say but it hurt to speak, she must have been yelling in her sleep.

"Please sir, just take a seat in the waiting room. Wait your not allowed in there!" A medical droid could be heard and then the white curtain was pulled open and a panicked Obi-Wan was revealed.

"Oriel, your awake!" He exclaimed happily and raced to her side. "I was so worried, I could feel your distress again and I thought we were loosing you once more." Obi-Wan grabbed her limp hand and squeezed it tightly.

"What do you mean?" Oriel asked wondering what 'loose you once more' meant.

"You've been out for weeks, it's almost been a month." He said sadly, brushing her messy hair out of her face. It was starting to get longer, as was Obi-Wan's.

Oriel just laughed lightly. "Very funny Obi-Wan. I just passed out for a little bit, using all that force on Bane really tired me out." She said not believing him. To her it felt as if she blacked out, had the dream and woke up again.

"Oriel, darling, I'm being serious. You blacked out and then you never woke up. While you were asleep you got sick, really sick." He said concerned and Oriel's face lost it's expression as she processed what he was saying.

"You were throwing up and sweating constantly and more than once, your heart stopped. I thought you were going to . . . well I thought I was going to lose you." Obi-Wan said as a couple tears escaped his eyes, recalling the terrifying moments where he thought his wife would be lost forever.

"That explains why my throat is so sore." Was all Oriel said while her mind tried to recall any details of her literally dying more than once.

"And they say you only live once." Oriel joked trying to distract herself from the seriousness of the situation while Obi-Wan just shook his head slightly.

"Oriel this isn't a joke. Boba has barely slept or eaten anything since you blacked out and me, well I've declined all my assignments just so I could stay and watch over you while I spent the nights not knowing if I would wake to you still being here." Obi-Wan said sort of frustrated that Oriel was trying to make a joke out of what caused more than just Oriel a lot of pain.