FIFTY SIX

LVI

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rafe said that he had some urgent business to take care of, Cal didn't argue with him since he promised that he would be back within the hour.

Cal began to wonder about the house, despite been there multiple times, she was sure that there were still places she hadn't yet seen.

Curiously, she peeked her head around the open door. She watched as Wheezie danced around with her headphones on and music blaring. The dark haired girl came to a quick stop once she saw Cal standing in the door way.

The red head raised her hand to offer Wheezie a small wave. Sheepishly, Wheezie removed her headphones and paused her music. A light blush rose to the girls cheeks.

"Hey." Cal smiled sweetly. "Who you listening too?"

"Taylor Swift." Wheezie nervously chuckled as she took a seat on her bed.

"I love Taylor." Cal sat down beside the girl. "You don't mind do you?"

Wheezie instantly shook her head, over time she had seen how much of an impact Cal had on Rafe. She made him better.

"I like having you around." Wheezie mustered up the confidence to say.

Cal had to hold back a smile. It wasn't very often that people told her that they enjoyed her been around them. It made her heart swell.

"I hope that's okay to say." Wheezie panicked once the girl didn't say anything. Cal nodded in response. "Since Sarah's death my family's kind of fallen apart, but no one will admit that."

The red head couldn't imagine what a loss like Sarah would take on a girl like Wheezie. She wanted to tell her that Sarah was alive, but part of her didn't want Ward to know yet incase he hurt John B.

"Everything just fell down hill. My dad doesn't speak to anyone other than Rafe. Rose tried to get my dads attention and Rafe, well-" Wheezie took in a deep breath. "He thought you were dead. He wasn't home nights on end because he was at the hospital waiting for you to wake up."

Cal lowered her head guiltily. She hated that she took Rafe away from Wheezie when Wheezie clearly needed her older brother.

"He loves you so much. And I know that my dad doesn't like that he fell in love with a pogue, but everyone can see the difference in him recently." Wheezie smiled.

"I love him too." Cal admitted.

She rarely said it, she knew that it was down to her father and the fact that he never showed her or JJ love. It was hard for her to trust and let herself fall.

"I'm glad that you're in his life, he needed someone like you. You're grounded, smart, pretty."

Cal couldn't help but let go of a small chuckle once she heard the way that Wheezie was describing her. She wondered if the girl had told Rafe all this too.

"Rafe cares about you too, you know?" Cal questioned. "I know he's bad at showing his emotions, trust me. But I can see it. He loves you too. He just wants to be a good big brother."

The red heads phone dinged, making her quickly reach into her pocket to check. She half expected to see JJ's name or one of the pogues. But instead it was Rafe.

She smiled as she read over the text, he was checking that she was okay at home without him. She quickly responded that she was fine and told him that she was with Wheezie's.

"Rafe?" Wheezie questioned, making Cal hum in response. "Told you, he loves you. He can't spend a minute without you."

Cal chuckled, knowing for a fact that it was her who needed him rather than the other way around.

Sure, Cal had boyfriends before Rafe. But none of them had ever felt this way. Rafe was her drug and she was addicted. No matter what he did, she'd always stand by him.

"When I'm older, I want a love like yours and Rafe's." Wheezie admitted. She had watched their relationship unfold, it was beautiful.

The floorboard outside of Wheezie's room creaked, making them both fall into a silence. They leant forward to see who it was until Ward came into the girls room.

"Hey, sweetie." Ward plastered a sickening smile onto his face before turning to Cal. "Do you mind if I borrow Callie here?"

Wheezie shook her head in response but Cal felt a sickening uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She never wanted to be alone with Ward. He was a sick and twisted man that used Rafe to do his dirty work.

And because Rafe was a good son who just wanted his fathers approval and love, he did it.

"We won't be long, just having a little chat in my office." Ward waited patiently for Cal to stand up.

"Bye, little dove." The girl softly waved towards Wheezie.

Cal quickly text Rafe what was happening, incase he panicked that she didn't answer. She didn't exactly think that Ward was going to hurt her, but she just wanted Rafe to know where she was.

Wards hand found the small of Cal's back as he guided her down the hallway and towards the bottom end of the house away from everyone else and into his office.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan