→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙗

---------------------------------------------

"HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS, BROCHACHOS." ARGYLE ADVISED AS THE PIZZA VAN SPED OFF FROM THE BYERS' DRIVE. Argyle is a new friend Johnathan made once they moved to Lenora, California. Will and El had mainly stuck together, the latter deciding to keep her name as Jane rather than El for school reasons. She knew Seb and Jim would be proud of her for branching out like this. The girl was overjoyed at her new normal life, sending letters to Mike every day basically. Telling him all about her school and how many 'friends' she had gained since living there. Will, on the other hand, was concerned for El, being quiet himself.

He just missed his friends back in Hawkins, especially Seb. The boy was Will's best friend, why wouldn't he miss the boy? El had told Mike over a letter that there was a visual aid project in their class all about past famous heroes. El was excited about this, Will not so much. "Slow down!" Joyce yelled from the doorway, the van speeding off none-the-less. She just sighed, walking back to her desk to work. She finally got a high paying job where she didn't even have to leave her home, El obviously telling Mike all about it.

EL MADE SURE HER VISUAL PROJECT WASN'T RUINED BY HER CLASSMATES AS SHE MADE HER WAY TO HER SEAT WITH A BRIGHT SMILE, WILL BEHIND HER. The two sat on desks next to one another, Will enjoying that part. Sitting down with a huff, El flinched when something cold landed on her cheek, reaching up to the spitball. Looking to her left, two of her classmates were laughing at her, the boy holding up a straw. Ignoring them, she wiped the spitball off her cheek, awaiting her teacher's arrival.

––––––☆––––––

"LOOK, I'M NOT SAYING THAT MY GIRLFRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOURS." MAX MADE HER WAY OVER TO HER TWO FRIENDS, THE CHEERING VERY LOUD. Today was the basketball championship for Hawkins High, the party only attending as they had to and Lucas was a part of the basketball team. Dustin was bragging all about Suzie to Mike because she changed his Latin grade for him. "It's just that Suzie's, like, a certified genius." He shrugged, Mike looking to him. "You do realize El saved the world twice, right?" Mike bragged also, Dustin shrugging. "And yet you still have a C in Spanish." He shot back, Max rolling her eyes at her friends.

The show by the band and cheerleaders stopped, everyone applauding. Robin smiled as she dropped her instrument, letting her arms rest. "Let's hear it for your Tigers!" The announcer yelled, the cheerleaders clearing the stage as the basketball team ran into the gymnasium. Cheers increased as they appeared, Lucas Sinclair being the fourth one, Number eight. Mike, Dustin and Max didn't seem to pleased and supportive over their friend, their applaud being less energetic than everyone else's. "Good morning, Hawkins High!" The captain, Jason Carver, yelled, receiving more cheers. Taking the microphone off the stand, the boy walked forward. "First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand."