32-33

Chapter 32 - Loss (He couldn't find relief but he also somewhat enjoyed it.) (1)

He was frantically looking for her? How was this possible?

A dull cry reached her ear and Xu WanZhi, finally recollected herself, walked up to them quickly. "I am right here..."

The man on the ground had already rolled his eyes and passed out in pain.

Mu ZhenYu stood up straight and looked at her, his eyes filled with biting coldness. He took two steps forward and chastised her, "Who said you could go running around?"

Xu WanZhi was startled as well. She opened her mouth a little and said in a soft voice, "I... I just came out for some fresh air."

Unexpectedly, Mu ZhenYu grabbed her wrist forcefully the next second and started dragging her in the other direction.

Noticing that it didn't look right, Shen Yi stepped in front of the two of them and said, "Boss Mu, let's be reasonable here."

Mu ZhenYu didn't care about him at all but just bumped him off with his broad shoulder.

Xu WanZhi was dragged to the garden behind the venue by him.

Ruthlessness exuded from him and the entire pack of cigarettes was roughly pulled open. Even the wrapper was torn and a segment of the tobacco leaves were exposed. He paused in the middle of his action for a second and shoved the cigarettes back into his pocket.

Xu WanZhi could tell that he was trying as hard as he could to keep his emotions under control. She just didn't know what had set him off.

Mu ZhenYu's temples were throbbing. As if he had finally made up his mind, he stared at her viciously and questioned her, "Who said you could just run around like that?"

Xu WanZhi replied honestly, "I couldn't chime in to your conversations and it was hot inside, so I came out for some fresh air."

"It's hot inside?" He reached out his slender and long finger, flicked the strap on her dress, then he tugged the collar of his suit jacket. "I am wearing way more than you are."

"I am different from you." She said calmly, trying as best she could to not enrage him. "My body temperature is higher than yours. I can withstand the cold weather but not any heat at all."

He was still staring at her without, saying a word.

"I am serious." Her look was more genuine.

Years of being a demon have taught her to fight when she could or try and reason when she couldn't.

Nonetheless, the man in front of her was still unmoved. His eyes were like two cold lakes, and she couldn't read his emotions in them.

Xu WanZhi sighed, stood on her toes, and placed her hand on the back of his head.

That way their foreheads would touch each other. This position looked so affectionate that anyone who saw them together would believe in what she had just said – Huanyu had gone bankrupt and she was still staying with him. This was true love.

Mu ZhenYu couldn't explain why his heartbeat had intensified. And then, a frustration rose from inside of him and filled his chest.

It was not the same as the anger that he felt when he noticed that Xu WanZhi was gone and that his old man's lackey was still watching him. There was a shred of sweetness mixed in this frustration.

He couldn't find relief but he also somewhat enjoyed it.

Her forehead was burning up in a very obvious way, as though she was running a high fever. But she had no other symptoms tonight other than saying that she felt hot.