Chapter 9: A Little Chat with Prima

As the sun began to set, the snow that had been falling since morning had begun to stop. The gray clouds started to disperse, allowing rays of twilight to cover the village in a gentle glow. The now thick snow on the ground sparkled as Link trudged down the road, carrying an exhausted and dirty Zelda on his back. He turned down the fork in the road, heading towards the bridge that led to their secluded side of the mountain. He continued forward towards their house, but halfway across the bridge, he paused and looked out into the mountain view. With a tiny smile, he nudged Zelda's chin with his shoulder, causing her to perk up.

"Are we home?" she asked as she slightly lifted her head and began rubbing one of her eyes.

"Almost, but take a look at that," Link said, gesturing at the sunset. With a yawn, Zelda looked over before a smile grew wide on her face.

"Oh, it's beautiful," Zelda said, wrapping her arms around his neck to stay balanced.

"It is," Link agreed.

"You know," Zelda began, now wrapping her legs around his torso. "I know we have some traveling to do later, and there are a lot of things I want to do before settling... But, I could really get used to this kind of life. I love playing around here with you. I love living here with you. I love being with you."

"I love being here with you too, Zel," Link chuckled as he started towards the house again. "You really do brighten my days."

"Oh? Do I brighten them enough to convince you to try one of my experimental potions?" she asked hopefully.

"I'm not sure if they're that bright," Link said defensively. "And I'm okay with that. I don't want it to become so bright I see the light."

"You really believe my potions would kill you?" Zelda pouted. "I work really hard on them!"

"I'm kidding, I don't think that," Link said, opening the door to the house. "I'll try them... After you perfect them."

"So you are nervous to try them again!"

"Only just a bit," Link assured her as he climbed the steps. "I'm definitely not as afraid of them as I was before. They've improved. Just like your cooking has!"

"What a wonderful comparison," Zelda sulked, tightening her legs around his torso.

"Oh come on, Zel, don't let it get to you," he responded, stopping in front of their bed. "It's not easy to make potions. You saw what Purah did to herself."

"That is true," Zelda admitted. "Still, it would be nice to have some successful creations come from my studies."

"And there will be," Link said. "You know I'll help you as best I can... As long as I don't end up like Purah."

"You're insufferable," Zelda complained, tightening her arms around his neck.

"Didn't you just say you loved being with me?" Link asked with a chuckle. "That couldn't have been a lie; I'm feeling all your love with how tightly you're holding me right now."

"No, I'll take it all back," she huffed."You're sleeping in the snow tonight."

"No! Not the snow!" Link exaggerated. When Zelda didn't say anything, he sighed. "I guess I really am sleeping in the snow. Well, I'd better be on my way then."

Zelda didn't release her grip. Link grinned.

"Zelda? I can't sleep out in the snow if you don't let me go."

"I never knew you to be such a quitter," Zelda said quietly, burying her face into his hair. "Isn't this the part where you're supposed to try and find atonement?"