Chapter 17: I Don't Want To Die Yet

Y/n's POV:

The next day arrived sooner than I wanted. I look at my phone and see that it's 3:00 PM. I shove it in my pocket quickly.

Well, guess there's no backing out. 

I decide to bring a pocket knife, hiding it in the pocket of my jacket. I grab my keys, wallet, and  umbrella ( not taking any chances like last time ) and head out. Locking my door behind me, I sigh to myself. I get out of the building, walking along the trash littered sidewalks. 

*BZZT*

I pull my phone to look at the notification.

Ghost: I'm here

Me: omw

I reach the park, approaching the playground slowly.

Me: where u at?

Ghost: by the slides

Of course, the place furthest from the park gates and public view. 

I look around to see if there's any people around, but since it's a school day, there's no children or their parents around. 

Great. 

I hear footsteps behind me, and I turn to see a tall male wearing a hoodie and a medical mask. He makes eye contact, and waves awkwardly. I walk towards him, and slid my hand into my jacket pocket, feeling for the knife. 

Good, still have a weapon.

" Phantom?" The male says, the corners of his eyes crinkling, in what I believe to be a smile. I shoot a small one back, trying to not let my anxiety show.

" Hey Stu.." I trail off, realizing exactly how tall he is compared to me.

 ( yes, y'all are shorter than him ) 

" What's with the weird look?" He says, tilting his head at me. 

" Nothing, nothing-" I rush out, giving another awkward smile. 

" C'mon," He says, grabbing my hand. " I wanna show you something." 

I start to panic trying to free my hand. 

I DON'T WANT TO DIE YET.

I use my other hand to punch him in the jaw, causing him to let go of my hand, I don't waste any time, turning on my heels and running. 

I hear him curse out behind me, and that only encourages me to run faster. He gets up and starts to chase me, I can hear his steps getting closer and closer. 

I'm almost at the park gates. 

He grabs me by the back of my jacket, tackling me to the ground. I let out a yell as  he lands on top of me. His knees are on either side of my ribs, he's straddling me, preventing me from moving. I grab the pocket knife from my jacket, preparing to stab him. He catches my wrist, twisting the weapon out of my grip.  I hiss out in pain, looking him in the eyes. 

" Fucking christ." He grumbled, grabbing the pocket knife and putting it in his pocket.

" What the hell was that for?" He asked.

" WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR? YOU'RE A FUCKING MURDERER." I shout back, trying to wiggle out of his grip. 

He sighs. 

" Was it really that obvious..?"

I just stare back at him, full of rage. 

" I really didn't want to do this.." He sighed out, pulling a gun out of his pocket. My eyes widen in fear and I let out a scream, hoping to draw attention to the area. 

The last thing I remember is him hitting me over the head with the butt of the gun.