Run Away With Me: Peter Ballard

Peter stopped momentarily from setting up El for her test when he saw you walk by the room happily talking to one of the children which brought a brief smile to his face until El snapped him out of his thoughts

"You're staring again." El reminded him as he went back to what he was doing before he got distracted. 

El was the only one out of all the children who knew about your and Peter's relationship only because you two were a little too careless one day and she figured it out but promised not to tell anyone, especially Dr. Breeners who thought relationships made you weak. 

"Thanks, El. I'll be right outside until you finish, okay?" He asked her as she nodded lightly squeezing his fingers. 

While waiting for El to finish, Peter saw you walking over to him which piqued his interest a bit as you two never fully had a conversation at work to avoid suspicion about your relationship. 

"Mr. Ballard, do you mind signing off on these forms regarding number six improvements." You said handing him the clipboard. 

He took the clipboard signed off on the first page and was going to sign off on the next page when he realized it was a note from you asking if he wanted to come to your room or his after work which made him smile a bit but he didn't show it. 

"Here you go, if you should have any further questions or concerns regarding number six or any of the children, feel free to stop by my office." He said handing the clipboard back to you. 

"Thank you, Mr. Ballard." You said giving him a small smile before heading on your way. 

That night while waiting for you to come by, Peter sat there thinking about what life would be like for you two and possibly El if you two didn't have to hide in the shadows so much, and the three of you could possibly live a normal life.

"What's on your mind, my love?" You asked wrapping your arms around him and resting your head on his shoulder.

"Just thinking about what it would be like if three of us could leave this place and be a normal family. Have you ever thought about that?" He asked turning and looking at you. 

"All the time since we started dating, and I may or may not have been doing research on how to get out of here." You said. 

"Is that so?" He asked. 

"Yeah because before we started dating, I was just going to run away with El but now you have to come with us." You said making him laugh. 

"I'm so glad you decided to let me join. What if we try to leave by the end of the month? That would give us at least two weeks to get everything figured out." He asked you. 

"Well I already have everything set up for once we're out of here, we just need to focus on getting out of here and getting El to come with which I don't think will take too much convincing." You said as you started getting settled to sleep. 

"I love you sweetheart." He said placing a kiss on your forehead. 

"I love you bubs." You said quietly drifting asleep. 

The next two weeks practically flew by for you and Peter who had the escape fully ready to go for tonight after work once everyone was asleep. You both went about your day acting as normal as possible and you made sure you would be the one to see El last so you could talk to her. 

"El there's something I want to talk to you about." You said taking a seat next to her bed. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked you worried. 

"Yes angel, I was wondering do you remember that silly game we invented about a year or two ago about escaping?" You asked her. 

"Yes I do, you said that eventually, we would leave this place together. Why?" She asked you. 

"Well, my dear with the help of Mr. Ballard, we are finally going to leave this place and the three of us can be a family and you can actually have somewhat of a childhood if you would still like to leave that is?" You asked her. 

"Please." She asked sitting up and wrapping her arms around you. 

"Okay, I'll be back for you in an hour after everyone is asleep, okay?" You said as she nodded her head. 

An hour later you made your way towards El's room while Peter handled the security system, you opened her door and found her already awake and waiting for you. You two quietly left her room and made your way towards the exit where Peter would be meeting you and found him already there. 

"You ready El?" He asked her after hugging you.

"Yes." She said as the three of you left the building and started walking through the field towards the car that your friend had left for you along with a change of clothes and all that. 

You three finally reached the car and Peter thought it would be best if maybe he changed in the field that way El could have some privacy. A few minutes later he emerges from the field and climbs into the driver's side. 

"What are we going to do with our clothes?" EL asked. 

"We're going to burn them once we reach our new home. No one is going to hurt you now El." You said looking back at her as she reached up and hugged you. 

"Thank you both for saving me." She said as you looked at Peter who was already smiling back at you. 

Once she was seated and clipped in, Peter started driving towards your new home and kept one his hands locked with yours as he drove. 

"I love you." He said bringing your hand up to his mouth and kissing him.

"And I love you." You said placing a kiss on his cheek unaware that El was still awake in the back smiling at the reaction.