Emotional Reunion! CH-88

"Ash! Is that you?"

Both Ash and Serena froze in place, looking into the direction the voice came from. They were so busy with eachother, having fun, that they never saw anyone walking around.

Serena looked at the person. He was still far away so she couldn't really make out what he looked like but from what she could see, it was a man in his late thirties. He was wearing no shirt, he had grayish shorts with a green belt around his waist. He also had green like sandals as he wore a labcoat, covering his body. He also wore a white cap with green sunglasses.

Serena sighed. There, the fun ends... She thought. She wanted to have some more 'fun' with Ash but looking at the surroundings, it was better that it didn't happen. After all, they were on the beach where anyone, just like the man, who walked by could see them. Not to mention their pokemon. Her face heated up, thinking about it. She'd hear it for years to come from Delphox.

"Professor Kukui!" Ash shouted all of a sudden. Serena looked at him confused as he gently put her down and stood up to greet the man which name's seemed to be professor Kukui. Suddenly a wave of realisation went over them. Both blushed uncontrollably, thinking about what would happen if he came a few minutes later.

"So it is you! What are you doing here in Alola, and why haven't you told me?" He asked, smiling uncontrollably as he saw his old student again in almost a year time.

Serena stood up aswell and stood next to Ash as Kukui approached the two. "And who might you be?" He asked, smilingly as he faced Serena who was to flustered to talk, thinking about what just happened.

Kukui partly saw them trip into the sand and saw them start kissing as they fell down. He smiled at it at first, it made him remember the first date he had with Professor Burnet. He decided not to talk about it. Thinking back when he and Burnet were cuddling on the couch and Kiawe came round to make a delivery. He shuddered, thinking back on how he had to explain it to him.

"M-m-my n-name is S-Serena. N-nice to meet y-you!" Serena stuttered. She couldn't really get a grip on herself, she was way to embarrassed about it and it didn't help that he was looking straight at her.

Ash started to get a grip on himself again. "Alola Professor! To answer your questions, we arrived here only by today and I guess we wanted to surprise you and the others at the pokemon school tomorrow. But now... you've seen us..." Ash scratched the back of his head nervously.

Kukui started laughing out loud, slapping Ash on his back. It was a bit to hard as Ash recoiled forwards a bit and had to take a step to remain footed. "Well, that explains things!" Then, he looked at the two of them, standing awfully close to eachother. With the sight of them kissing in mind, he started to connect the dots. "Say Ash... Are you two..."

"Yes, we're dating. Serena is my girlfriend." Ash smiled widely. Serena gave also a small, embarrassed smile. "That's amazing Ash and Serena! Personally, I'd say you weren't the one for love Ash, so I'm pretty shocked to see it!" Kukui chuckled.

Serena let out a giggle aswell. She could really agree with his words. Ash was as dense and oblivious as you could imagine. Ash scratched the back of his head again, feeling embarrassed. The truth was that they were right. He was as dense as ever. But now, with Serena next to him, things changed for the better.

"I know... But after I moved to Kalos, things went on pretty quick and before you knew it, we were a couple." Ash explained in short, smiling at Serena who returned a cute smile. She slipped her hand in his, intertwining their fingers and held their hands up, strengthening Ash's point.

Kukui smiled at it. There was nothing that he liked to see than young love. Especially Ash, he was like a son to him and seeing him with someone like Serena, made him smile uncontrollably. "So Serena, what do you like to do?"