Chapter 12

After Kaito left I didn't sleep much, but it was more then usual so I wasn't too tired. A little after the sun had risen was when I heard the door open. Azula walked in.

"Get dressed," She said stopping at the doorway,"It's time for you to do your part in burning the world to ash," She smiled sadistically.

I quickly got changed and placed the hair piece Azula gave me in my hair. We were both determined to end things, but we had different meanings to an end.

"May glory be bestowed onto the Fire Nation once and for all," I smiled to her.

I walked behind Azula as she led me through tunnels underground, it was filled with magma. Throughout the entire time I tried my best to keep my mind blank, as to not get overwhelmed by anything, not by the fact the war meeting was preparation for the invasion, and not by the fact Azula thinks I'm going to fight Aang. We kept running until we reached a specific room made of metal.

Azula made her way to sit on the throne,"Now we wait until the Avatar arrives,"

"Do you really think he's alive?" I asked looking to her.

"We'll find out in due time," Azula responded. I nodded and sat down on the armrest of the seat.

The door opened as Aang, Sokka, and Toph came in prepared for a fight. My relief was about to explode out of my chest once I saw them but I bit my tongue to keep it down.

"So. You are alive after all," Azula said as everyone watched in shock see not only Azula but me by her side,"I had a hunch that you survived but it doesn't matter, I've known about the invasion for months," They stayed quiet as their eyes shifted to me,"Oh and dear Kya here has realized her worth and decided to join me,"

"No," Sokka said,"You can't be serious Kya,"

I kept a cold gaze onto them as I spoke,"She's right," I said as Toph's stance softened,"Back then I felt that if we won the war everything would be easier but the truth is I ended up suffering in the end," I paused Sokka and Aang were in utter disbelief as Azula chuckled,"Suffering is optional. Once you admit how selfish you can truly be you suffer less, Azula taught me that,"

"Kya!" I saw the sadness in Sokka and Aang's eyes.

"Unfortunately I still haven't reached that point of despair,"

I launched at Azula who jumped back surprised. She tried not to show it but she was genuinely caught off guard. I grabbed small water particles from the humid air and shot ice at Azula who dogged it.

"How dare you! You Water Tribe peasant! After everything I did for you!" Azula yelled.

"You may have been able to manipulate everyone around you with fear Azula. But the thing is. I. Never. Feared. You,"

"No you did! You believed the Avatar was dead," She said as she kept avoiding my attacks,"You were going to get everything you wanted, a life without sacrificing yourself for others,"

"You underestimated my will to protect the people I Iove. That was your mistake," I said as I went to attack her just like Kaito had been teaching me.

"You insolent-" I took a deep breath in and raised my arms stiffening my fingers. Azula was in my grasp as I brought her to her knees. I could feel my stomach going inside out but I tried to hold it down. Azula was taken aback. Angrier then I had ever seen her. Her perfect coolheaded demeanor vanished just for a moment.

"Stop wasting our time and give us the information," Sokka said,"You're powerless now so you're in no position to refuse,"

"And stick to the truth," Toph added,"I'll be able to tell if you're lying."