Chapter Forty Two: The Interview: Jungkook

"Can you start with your name, age, where you're from, and what you do?"

"Sure. My name is Jeon Jungkook. I'm 24. I'm from Busan, and even though I've lived in Seoul for years, sometimes my accent still comes out. And uhh...I'm the Maknae of BTS."

"Do you have a soulmate marking?"

"I do," Jungkook said, showing the producer his wrist, then moving it towards the camera when she gestured for him to do so. "I didn't think that I would get one. I was never given the Elixir. I was born in my parents' car."

"Oh. That's interesting. How did you end up with a mark, then?"

"Ummm....since the show went into pre-production, we have been poked and prodded and examined by doctors about 53 times. Their best guess is because my parents are soulmates, and they both received the Elixir, it was transferred to me when I was born."

"Did they say if that has ever happened before?"

"They said that they've seen it several times recently, in fact, at least one other person on the show is the same way, from what I was told. But they never saw it in the past."

"Do you think that it's because it was transferred, or because Fate made it happen?"

"I'm not here to question Fate or the doctors, I just know that I got my mark on my 24th birthday, like I would have if I had been given the Elixir."

"But your mark is only two numbers, so what does that mean?"

"It means that I have two soulmates and my numbers complete the phone number on one of their wrists."

"Who are your soulmates?"

"Mairette and Hoseok. Hobi-Hyung has her phone number on his wrist, but it was missing two numbers. The 81 on mine. Once completed, we were able to call her."

"Hoseok mentioned that you had a hard time getting a hold of her once you figured out her phone number."

"Yeah. She was on a ship in the middle of the ocean. But we never gave up. We kept trying. Then when we performed on the ship because one of her students won a contest, we saw that she had a double marking. They both said 'South Korea.' I knew right away that it was her, but Hyung made me wait until later so that we could call her."

"How did you know that it was her?"

"I can't really explain it. I just had a feeling. I saw her, and I just knew, you know? Something inside of me just screamed 'mine!' as soon as I saw her. I freaked her out a little, actually, because I just kept staring at her."

"Did it take you a while to convince her?"

"Uhh...not really. We talked for a bit, showed her our markings, and that was pretty much it."

"So has it just been smooth sailing since then?"

Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at the question. "No. Even if you're soulmates, that doesn't mean that you're going to agree on everything. Everybody has their own opinions. Everybody has their own personality. And sometimes words can be taken the wrong way. Being soulmates doesn't instantly mean that you're going to live happily ever after. Relationships are work, no matter how they came to be."

"Does that mean that there's a lot of fighting and misunderstanding in your bond?"

"I mean...I wouldn't say 'a lot.' But there is some. We're still happy, though. We love each other, so we eventually work it out. Actually, we almost always..." he paused to think for a moment. "No, always. We always work it out within a few minutes. We love each other, and don't want to see each other upset or hurting. But like I said, it takes work. Even more than a regular bond, I'd guess, since there are three of us."