Chapter 33

Next to me, Delilah hesitatingly sits up

I assume to prepare herself for the kiss. Ares rounds the campfire and approaches the bench she's sitting on, next to me.

I glance away as soon as he nears, pretending to be interested in the stars because I can't look at them locking their lips.

That sight would break me whole.

I press my lips together for a short second to stop them from trembling and swallow away the lump in my throat.

Just look at the fire. The sky. Anything.

A dark shadow looms over me, stealing my sight of the stars and instead, replacing them with those blue eyes I write songs and poems about.

Two fingers grasp my chin and tilt my head up some more as he leans down, connecting our lips in a kiss.

Not a peck. A kiss in which he steals my breath and teasingly swipes his tongue over my lower lip before he leans back and exhales against them.

Opening my eyes, I see him staring back at me, the blue in his eyes drawing me in and not letting me look at anything else.

They're brewing, but I still can't get a hint of what's going on inside of him.

"Happy?" he asks loudly, the question directed toward Ryan.

"Just a dare, man," Ryan laughs. I'm breathless when Ares leans away. But he doesn't go back to where he was sitting. He just walks away towards the hotel instead.

Everyone is looking at us, switching gazes from me to Ares.

Violet has a little grin on her lips, sending me a wink, and Caleb looks ready to strangle Ares, glaring daggers at his back.

Nick just looks surprised.

And when I catch a glimpse of Delilah, I'm smacked in the face when I see the heartbroken look in her eyes, staring into the fire.

"Elena, would you please follow me?" Malcolm asks when I come back from the stage

"Elena, would you please follow me?" Malcolm asks when I come back from the stage. I nod and take my earpiece out, talking to Violet and Nick about Tokyo's crowd.