Chapter 38 || "Daddy's working."

I think we have all realised I can't write serious smut, but pls don't hate me. We will cringe - there is no doubting that - but we will stay strong and cringe together, cause that's what friends do.

- Pandora -

I doubt daddies do this.

I definitely doubt daddies do this.

Ashton had rushed us over to the Ferris wheel the minute he had bought the tickets, and was tugging me into one of the rickety carts before I could even acknowledge what was happening. He pushed me onto the small bench provided before shutting the cage door, impatiently waiting for someone to come and check us. It only took a couple more minutes before the cart started lifting, and I really wasn't prepared.

"Oh my god." I gasped, clenching tightly onto one of the metal bars.

Ashton shot me a questioning glance before sitting down, running a hand through his unruly hair. I watched him intently, attempting to distract myself from the fact I was now dangling about ten feet in the air.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I lied, clenching my eyes shut tightly as a gust of wind slightly blew against the small cart "I'm just waiting."

"For what?"

"Your punishment."

Ashton lightly smiled before running his thumb along my jawline, his hazel eyes sympathetically meeting mine.

"Although I'm flattered, I know it's not true. What's wrong?"

I considered my options before slightly nodding, deciding to just tell him. It wasn't exactly serious information he could use against me or anything. I was just afraid of heights, as simple as that.

"It's the whole height thing," I gulped, taking a brief glance downwards before quickly averting my gaze, immediately regretting my decision "I'm just afraid of the- Well, the height."

"You should have told me!" He exclaimed, his eyes widening dramatically.

I frowned as his muscular arms wrapped tightly around my small frame, cradling me to his chest. It was a sweet gesture, but it wasn't exactly necessary.

"We could have gone on something else!"

"I didn't want to ruin it for you guys." I mumbled, finding it increasingly hard to breathe against his toned chest "Evie seemed so hyped."

"And where is she now?" He questioned, causing a small laugh to escape my lips.

"I have no clue."

"Probably with Luke."

"Probably."

"Natalia will be píssed."

I frowned, tugging softly at the frayed material on his jeans.

"Why?"

"Why not?" He chuckled, watching my hand intently.

His pupils had dilated dramatically, and I didn't have to be a psychic to know what he was thinking. The mere thought made my cheeks burn bright red, a sheepish smile tugging at my lips.

I was so goddamn awkward.

"It's obvious she has feelings towards him." He continued, his hazel eyes slightly lifting to meet my own.

"Is it?"

"Yeah."

"But they're friends?"

"We're friends." Ashton pointed out, causing me to blush.