Chapter 6

Six
𖧷

Demonic Pigeons!

  Next few days weren't really all that great.

  Percy had to hold being joke sack for all the other kids. All of them playing around with how Percy was now the unfortunate guy to have an ugly Cyclops sibling, and not the guy who retrieved Zeus's lighting bolt from Ares, and went down Underworld and came back alive.

  "He’s not my real brother!" he'd protest whenever Tyson wasn’t around. "He’s more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like ... a half-brother twice removed, or something."

  Nobody bought it.

  He seemed to be really mad about having Tyson as his brother, but I didn't let that get much on my mind. He'd get over it in a couple of days.

  Apollo's kids didn't have that much energy to play around anymore, they just seemed down, and that made me down. Knowing I could help get them rid of their sadness, and I was forced not to. It was the worst feeling ever.

  Annabeth tried cheering me up by offering to pair up on chariot races. She thought that having the wind blowing on my face would make me feel better–or something among those lines.

  In reality, Annabeth just got me as a plan B because she and Percy got into a fight involving Tyson. After she called Tyson a monster, Percy got mad and Annabeth said he should go with Tyson. Percy was now building a chariot with Tyson, and Annabeth had me to help her build hers.

  Anyway–for regular day-to-day life. Silena Beauregard, one of the cute girls from my neighbors, the Aphrodite, had started to teach me and Percy how to ride pegasi.

  Those pegasi were rude, really rude. It was weird having to hear a horse with wings insult me everytime I passed by. But they always made a happy sound when someone had to fly on them, like they loved flying with people.

  After lunch, I worked out in the arena with Apollo’s cabin. They always got shredded, even though they never made less than their best to go against me. Specially Lee Fletcher, the head of the cabin. He'd always try his hardest skills to beat and try to make me sweat.

  Whenever we trained until the sun went out he would always make a squeak and go on defensive. He didn't like how over powered I'd get at night when the sun didn't bother the moon's light.

  Shadow training by myself was one of the hardest things ever, like the dark didn't want to obey me. It seemed to be scared of fighting. Unless I got in real danger, I didn't know how to demand anything to do anything.

  I wasn't as good as a man to bring upon fear on anything as Hades was, he could control shadows with the tip of his pinky if he wanted to.

  I let the shadow controlling for when I really needed it to. I couldn't do anything like that on command.

  Percy had started more bow and arrow lessons, but he was still horrible at it. He didn't evolve anything even when I tried teaching him something.

  In swordplay matter, Percy always had the advantage. People said that he and I were the bests the camp had saw in ages. We could always win against anyone in Apollo cabin, we were better at sword fighting than anyone at camp. Except Luke, no one could ever beat Luke.