53

HUDDLED TOGETHER IN PROFESSOR Dumbledore's office were James Potter, Siobhán Parten, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew. The quintet were called in for a specific matter, a serious matter. James and Siobhán were sitting in the armchairs while the others were standing behind them. They gave each other reassuring glances, not hearing the door open to reveal more people.

"Marauders?" Lily's delicate voice called out. The quintet quickly turned around to see Lily walk in. Dorcas Meadowes, Marlene Mckinnon, Alice Fortescue, Mary Macdonald, and Frank Longbottom followed her trail promptly. "Why is this enough to make a party?"

"What are you lot doing here?" Marlene glanced around Dumbledore's office. She was taking in every view she could. Remus and Sirius shared a look, shrugging their shoulders.

"I could be asking the same to you." Sirius retorted and crossed his arms. James stood up from the armchair, looking at all the familiar faces.

"What in Merlin's name is going on?" Siobhán stood up as well. "Professor Dumbledore wouldn't bring us to his office for nothing." James protectively put an arm around Siobhán.

"This is all suspicious." James ran a hand through his messy hair. Peter nodded in agreement while observing the awkward tension in the vicinity. Within less than a minute, the door creaked open, revealing a man with a long beard. He was old, wearing blue robes and glasses.

"Professor Dumbledore." Lily abruptly said, silencing the others that were speaking. James and Siobhán went back to sit on the armchairs. Professor Dumbledore walked behind his desk, promptly sitting in his chair. Everyone else quickly walked toward the desk.

"You may be wondering why I called you here today." He looked everyone in the eyes. Siobhán clasped her hands and placed them on her lap, nodding. "As you all know, there is a war brewing outside these walls. A war we cannot win."

"No offense, but what does the not winning part have to do with anything?" James leaned forward with a suspicious glint in his eyes. Professor Dumbledore stared at him for a second, blinking shortly after.

"Voldemort is rising to power faster than the world has ever seen." Dumbledore bluntly put. Everyone flinched at the name except Siobhán. "His Death Eaters will take over, and there's nothing we can do to stop him."

"I feel like there's a but coming." Sirius tried to ease the tension. Remus fought the urge to smack the back of his head. Peter nudged him slightly, signifying to be quiet.

"But," Professor Dumbledore added. "I have an idea for you all." James leaned back against the armchair. "Many of the professors and I were thinking of creating an organization."

"Organization?" Lily questioned. Dumbledore nodded with a twinkle in his eye. "What kind of organization?"

"We call it the Order of the Phoenix." Professor Dumbledore informed. "This is an organization that opposes Voldemort and his followers. We are here to protect Muggle-borns and their families alike."

"Pardon, but would that mean he'd go after my family?" Siobhán inquired. Lily stepped forward, opening her mouth to speak.

"Mines would be at risk as well, correct?" Lily implored with a worried tone. Marlene placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Any Muggle-born is at risk," Dumbledore said, much to their dismay. Siobhán's face paled at the realization of her family being at risk. She let out a shaky breath. Her hand aggressively ran through her hair the more she thought about the possibility of their deaths.

"What do you want us to do?" Siobhán eventually muttered, wiping a tear away from her face. James lent out his hand to her. He tried not to jump out of the chair and embrace her until she knew she would be okay. Siobhán took it and gave him a reassuring smile. Lily observed the interaction between the two. She knew how Siobhán felt, the way everything was collapsing inside of her. It felt like ice-cold water poured on her, never drying.