Chapter 5

Amara was a nervous wreck. Why?, you might ask. The reason being the intimidating artpiece of a man sitting beside her. She allowed her eyes to completely take him in. He was every bit as handsome as the websites said, if not more. They sat in silence until Daniel decided to break it.

"What's your height", he suddenly asked, taking Amara by surprise. "Uh, I'm about 5 feet 2", she replied, causing Daniel to chuckle. "Why? What's wrong", Amara asked with furrowed eyebrows. With that, he turned to face her with a smirk.

"I'm 6 feet tall. If we were to stand side-by-side, without any of those ridiculous heels, you could easily be mistaken for my daughter". Amara's eyes went wide with shock and embarrassment. She laughed nervously, a blush making its way to her cheeks, and said, "What? No way. You're only three years older than me. You're just exaggerating.". "Well, I'm just glad Mother didn't make me marry your annoying sister, with all her hideously overdone make-up".

That statement made her laugh. At least she was marrying someone who felt the same way about that witch. At about 5pm the guests began to leave. Amara managed to see and chat with Allison for about an hour before leaving. When almost all the guests had left, Amara also finally met Daniel's parents, her parents-in-law, a term that made her excited just saying it to herself.

"Oh my! Hello Dear, I'm Micheline. Wow you're even prettier in person", Daniel's kind-looking mother said. Amara blushed and thanked her shyly. After that, Raphael, Anna and Lilybeth joined them, and they chatted for a while before Mr. Elijah Anderson told them they could leave Amara. "It's getting dark. You should head home before it gets too late. Don't worry about our flower here. The driver will bring her home", her said. With that, they said their goodbyes.

The Andersons had dinner with Amara and got to know her better. Elijah and Micheline loved her and could now rest assured that they had made the right decision for their son. They finally allowed her to leave at 7:30pm. They were excited and pleased, whereas their son, the groom himself, couldn't care less. All he cared about was that he would own everything after the wedding.

The wedding took place the following Saturday, three days later at a popular 5-star hotel, The Rich Cedar Ambassador Hotel, which also belonged to the Andersons. Amara made a gorgeous bride, with Allison as her maid of honour, and Daniel was a breathtaking groom, with his cousin, Chester Milano, as his best man.

Amara insisted to walk down the aisle alone. She didn't need Raphael to be the one leading her to her new life, and he was more than glad to oblige. The most memorable moment for Amara was when the priest said, ".......You may now kiss your bride". Her heart stopped as they turned to face each other and Daniel placed his hand on her left cheek, slightly lifting her head up.

His soft lips then made contact with hers as he kissed her. Her heart stopped beating for the few seconds it lasted, and she could tell from this modest kiss that he was a great kisser, the thought made her smile and giggle. Daniel's eyes showed no emotion after he pulled away, but she was happy all the same. After the short reception party, Daniel and Amara were driven home in his white Landcruiser by their driver.

After a few minutes on the road the car made its way into the large automatically opened gates of a huge mansion she was to call home from that moment onwards. Amara didn't have time to gawk at it too long since immediately the car pulled up, her husband got out and she quickly followed him inside.

The interior was beautiful and had a Rosegold and dark brown classical theme with dark brown grandfather clocks, Rosegold coloured furniture and classic paintings and artworks. "So, will your parents be joining us here?", Amara asked casually, trying to strike up a conversation. "No", came Daniel's answer in a tone that immediately discouraged all thoughts of a conversation.

They kept walking in silence until Daniel stopped in front of a set of large brown mahogany doors. "Is this our room", Amara asked, curious as to why they stopped so suddenly. "This is your room. My room is down the hall but don't ever make the mistake of going there. Goodnight", Daniel said coldly without even turning to look at her and left her alone making his way to his room.

Amara sighed and turned the Rosegold doorknob. The room was beautiful and unlike the rest of the house it had a white and gold theme. It was so large and the bed which overflowed with plushies, and stuffed animals looked so comfortable. She quickly changed out of her stressfully huge wedding gown and into a sky-blue t-shirt which was just long enough to conceal her panties.

Amara then jumped into the bed like a child and moaned in pleasure as her aching muscles were finally able to relax. She had eaten enough at the wedding and so she didn't bother with dinner, though thoughts and doubts (mostly doubts) about this next phase of her life plagued her, making her toss and turn in the bed.

Exasperatedly, she sighed and yelled, "Fuck it!" before forcing herself to sleep.

For better, for worse.........Right?