Chapter 24- Aslan's Country

But I won't cry for yesterday
There's an ordinary world
Somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive
- Ordinary World • Duran Duran

There were some things that didn't feel like they should be believed. It's the calm after a storm, the sunshine on a cloudy day. For some reason, winning didn't feel as good as it should have this time for James.

Though he'd been there, he didn't help. It was so unlike him, but there was nothing he could have done- and the guilt was going to eat away at him for quite some time.

James and Caspian were stood together when they heard it. Lucy was excited, and for good reason too.

"The spell... it's lifting!" She exclaimed. "Edmund! James! Caspian! Look!"

Rowboats filed out of the mist, Narnian's of all shapes and sizes revealed in the sunlight. They'd been lost for so long, and now they were home. James and Caspian were going to make sure they went home.

"Narnian's! Narnian's!"

Gael and Rhince were stood at the edge of the boat, just like everyone else, watching them emerge. That was when Gael saw her. "Mummy!"

Rhince's eyes lit up, like magic. "Helaine."

The two of them jumped into the water, swimming as fast as they could to see their family. James knew the feeling better than most, and his heart began to swell.

His arms wrapped around his younger brother and sister, and hugged them tightly. Sometimes he forgot that they were still children, at least in England they were.

"I love you both very much." James kissed their foreheads, Edmund squirming slightly at the touch, but he just smiled anyhow. "And I'm so proud of you."

"I'm proud of you too." Lucy squeezed his hands as Caspian called out to the group.

"Let's help them on board, clear the decks."

After that, Caspian joined the siblings, and smiled contently at James. He wrapped the boy in his arms, holding him tightly, never wanting to let him go. The truth was, he wouldn't if he didn't have to. He'd never leave James if the world let him.

"We did it." Lucy beamed, knowingly. "I knew we would."

"It wasn't just us, though." The blonde looked up, knowingly.

"You mean-"

"Where's Harvey?"

From below deck, a body emerged, black hair swaying. It was the Gallagher boy, and he looked much less than happy.

"Someone had to take care of the senile old fool." He rolled his eyes, frustrated. "Clearly, it had to be me."

Running from Caspian to Harvey, James engulfed him in a warm hug. It was sorely needed. "Thank you, so much."

"Hey, it kept me out of the action." He smirked, gladly. "I'm grateful for it. I'm not sure how you Pevensie's keep doing it."