31

Emilio bounced his knee impatiently, the heel of his foot reverberating a constant tap sound around the room each time it connected with the shiny laminate of the hospital waiting area. His eyes glanced to the clock, for which had to be the thirtieth time, a long sigh escaping him as the time read 7am.

What the fuck is taking so long?

He just wanted to see Leo, he wanted to know and to see for himself that he was okay.

There weren't many things Emilio hated in life, one may say he's pretty laidback and easy going. His short list of hatred things were so low that he could count them with his fingers on one hand, whilst still having limbs to spare. So in simple terms, it took a lot for Emilio to hate you.

Goats had always been number one on his list of hated things.

The strange bug eyed fuckers creeped Emilio out beyond belief. It saddened him deeply, so very deeply, he was an avid animal lover after all. Who isn't? If Em didn't enjoy a cheeseburger as much as he did, he'd maybe even consider going vegan. Okay, so he wouldn't. It's the thought that counts, isn't it?

Anyway, back to his hatred of goats. It may possibly have something to do with the fact he'd been rammed by a goat when he was merely a toddler. The two pinch like scars on his hip reminding him of the memory daily, thus causing his strange fear that he liked to cover as hatred.

The second thing on his list; the colour yellow. One may say: how can you hate a colour, Emilio? And for that question, Em's response would be: very fucking easily.

In no way would he describe himself to be vain, no not a chance. Well, not really... okay maybe. Em simply didn't like it, he was a boy of good taste and one who knew what did and didn't make him look good. Let's just say yellow really didn't do much to compliment his lightly tanned complexion, leaving him washed out and pale. Almost as pale as Atlas, which is difficult considering the Atlas is paler than the milky bar kid.

No offence to Atlas, definitely not. Being so overly pale kinda, somewhat, suited him. It really brought out the unique shades of baby blue in his eyes, not that Em would ever share that fact with Atlas, not a chance. The last thing Em needed was for Atlas' head to get any bigger, the boy was cocky enough. Arrogantly so.

Unkind people came third.

Emilio really couldn't stand those who were mean for no reason. Especially if those people were mean to the people he cared for; Leo being prime example. Which is why Marco, Maya and Bella took the reigns on being the only three people in the planet he held a burning hatred for.

Emilio's list of hatred ended at that. Pet peeves on the other hand, his list for those was as long as his arm, maybe even longer. Most of his pet peeves were pretty common, a lot of people more than likely shared the same opinion and would agree that they're pretty fucking irritating.

Emilio's examples being; the sound of nails as they scraped along a chalkboard or when someone scratched their jeans, gosh, that sound made his blood run cold whilst goosebumps rose on his skin. Utensils scraping off plates, that awful shriek noise that followed. People who chewed far too loudly, or spoke with their mouth full. Animals, absolute fucking animals. Never mind the fact that's it's gross, it's also completely unnecessary, like just close your mouth, sì?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Emilio's biggest pet peeve was to be kept waiting. He was very very impatient and hated to be kept in the dark for hours, especially when it came to Leo's health.

Leo often made comments to him about this, telling Em that he reminded him of a baby when they'd throw their toys from the pram, therefore deeming Em as a bratty kid on many occasions. Em never graced Leo with a response, he was a brat, he could admit that.