Travel to Archimedia

Plato and the team were waiting at the launch site , some 100 miles off the nuclear power plant in Minsk . There was a lot of excitement and cheer around , in the faces of the travelers . Most of them were seasoned travelers and even they were excited about this mission . Plato was however more anxious than excited . He was not thinking about the travel nor the mission , he was just thinking about his friend . That was on the surface , yet deep inside he was happy that he was finally a traveler and he was all set to explore the universe . Elena was standing next to him , she was there for two reasons . She was there to send Plato off and the other reason being checking the final vitals of the astronauts . And beside her was a ever cheerful person , who could not control his mouth from gaping . He was gaping at the spaceship and the possibilities it opened for him . One day he too would travel to space like Plato , he thought . And I would be great at that , I would be a legend ,  Constantine was in his own world . He was the least bothered about the others , he was relinquishing the future held. Everyone was showing different sets of emotions while one man was showed no such emotion . He stood there as though he has been in such difficult missions numerous missions . Mr . Akumi Stood there , incessantly looking at his watch . And a man was watching Mr . Akumi  , rather Keenly . I do not trust this man , at all , thought Romanov . A Japanese in a Russian Mission , who would have thought .  Only a few decades ago they were waiting to see us fall down , and now there stands a Japanese in the midst of us , trying to lead us . A sheep leading a pack of wolves , scoffed Romanov . 

Mr. Akumi approached Romanov . Hello , he greeted . Hello , replied Romanov . I have gone through your manifesto , it is pretty impressive , said Akumi . Thank you , replied Romanov . I would like to be frank here , said Akumi . Romanov nodded , barely looking at his colleague now . I have an understanding that you are not happy with me leading the team , said Akumi . Romanov did not respond . I would like for us to be friends , said Akumi . Romaonv lent a cold handshake to the Japanese man . Akumi shook it . I have also heard about your past , your story , he said . Romanov now looked firmly into the eyes of Akumi . What have you heard , he asked him . That you were a war hero , receiving numerous medals , said Akumi . Yes , that is common knowledge , said Romanov . That you detested the war , said Akumi . Who did not , replied Romanov . Anyone who fought that terrible war came to detest it , sooner or later . I too detested the war ,said Akumi , but I was far too young to understand it , he said . You fought in the war , asked Romanov . Yes , said Akumi , I was a Kamikaze . Terrible , scoffed Romanov . Where you there at pearl harbor , asked Romanov . No , replied Akumi . I joined in later , much later ,  after the attack . Well I fought on the ground , said Romanov , where it really mattered . i went marching into fields with my guns on my shoulders . And I stared at the enemies eyes , before i shot him cold . 

But you saw what I saw,  is it not , said Akumi , adjusting his glasses . Wat did I see , asked Romanov . That you were not fighting your enemy , but you were fighting yourself . Fighting my own Motherland , laughed Romanov . No , said Akumi , pointing his finger at the chest of Romanov . That you were fighting yourself , he said the Russian . And is it not why you took early retirement , asked Akumi . That I could not fight myself , asked Romanov . No , not that . You could fight yourself , but you can never win , replied Akumi . Romanov was too shocked to speak. Well , well , Romanov Stammered . It is okay , Mr. Romanov , said Akumi . It is a fight that none of us can win . Not Hitler , not Hideki , not Stalin . Romanov was again speechless . Good day , Mr. Romaonov , said Akumi and proceeded to leave . God day to you sir , said Romanov to Akumi , extending an arm of friendship to his fellow compatriot .