Two sides to a man

**Trigger warning/ Torture**

Caleb followed Alexander as they assessed the place where the fight took place. Anger filled his chest as he took the scene in front of him. Unfair to the rogues, there were double the number of Warriors than attackers, but who cared about being fair? They had entered the pack lands, therefore they had to be taken care of. Only three rogues remained out of the twenty-five that had attacked his Luna and her guards. They were chained to each other with silver chains that had been carefully made with spells and wolfbane.

He saw Adele helping Matias sit up, a large cut on his leg showed part of the muscle, blood gushing out quickly. She had a tourniquet already in hand and wrapped it above his knee, adjusting it just enough to stop the bleeding. Caleb approached them, concerned. As werewolves, they had the ability to heal quickly, that injury should have been closing, but it remained open showing no signs of recovery.

"What happened here?" he asked.

"It looks like they had wolfsbane in their claws," Matias, who was looking at his leg with a worried expression, explained.

They were interrupted by one of the medics who arrived shortly after. Caleb watched him work, cleaning the injury and trying to get the skin to reconnect. Slowly, too slowly, the skin started to close but as soon as the medic let go, the wound opened back up. Matias let out a muffled cry.

"Beta, look," the medic told Caleb.

Caleb was not sure what kind of poison could create an injury such as that. The edges were starting to turn a sickening dark green color, and dark veins were starting to form near the area. The medic touched the open wound and with a few Words of Power, the infection stopped spreading. Or so Caleb assumed as the area regained some of its original color, and the dark veins did not increase in length.

Exhausted, the medic opened the bag he had next to him and took out a stapler-looking thing. Curious as to why in the hell would a medic use such a device. "Humans use these to help close the skin," he explained. "Hold the skin like this," he told Adele who did as he had shown her.

Yes, werewolves had no need for such things, maybe some sutures when the injuries were too big for their wolves to heal, never in injuries this size. But Caleb was no expert, he kept his mouth shut. Once the medic was done, Adele let go slowly. They removed the tourniquet slowly; the wound stayed closed and was no longer oozing blood.

Caleb left them, making a mental note to investigate what kind of dark magic was at work here. That was not wolfsbane.

He would know.

Reports of the injured started to come in through the link. Rose was coordinating the medics, who told him similar cases of poisoned wounds not closing. The medics were well-trained in the magical field and the healing one. Their medical personnel were selected out of the most talented mages. They were hard to come by, but their pack was fortunate enough to have five medics with such abilities.

He made sure the headcount was correct. Fifty Warriors had been called to fight, including himself, the Alphas, and Nora's guards there should be sixty people to take account of, but the numbers were not matching. Two people were missing.

He turned around, heading towards Rose but was interrupted by none other than Nora, the Luna. Her short black hair was in disarray, she was covered by a thick blanket. Alexander was close to her, keeping a hand wrapped around her waist, but he was barking orders at others.

"I can't find Adira," she told him. Her forehead was wrinkled with worry, her lip had a small cut. Caleb suspected she had done that with her canines which he noticed were slightly elongated. "She was right behind me, but... but she told me to keep running so I did. I lost her once I reached the rest of the pack."