twenty

• Sienna •

When Sienna pulled in front of the triplets house for the third time that day, she was noticeably more anxious than before. She walked slowly up the driveway, and let herself in the front door again. The sounds of the brothers down the hall drifted into the front room, a sound that she had grown accustomed to over the years.

She stops in the doorway, noticing where everyone had moved to in the short time she was gone. Matt was now on his bed, with Chris at the desk, and Nick on the floor leaning against the bed. It takes a second for them to notice her, but Chris wasted no time in beginning to ask questions.

"Where did you go?"

"I needed to talk to Josh, about this." She gestures vaguely to Matt, who still has small pieces of tissue in his nose, but at least it's not gushing blood anymore. "He's a dick."

"Sienna, are you saying-"

"Yes, I broke up with him. Not a big deal, I'd rather not have to think about it too much." She sees the sad look cross over Matt's face for a second before he can correct himself. "I mean, his mom makes a really good pot roast. I'm gonna miss it."

Sienna hopes that they understand that she's not going to miss him, but she does hold a little bit of guilt for breaking up with him after being together for only 3 days. The longest relationship she's ever had, though.

She sits on the edge of the bed, holding an envelope under her phone and keys, which none of the boys have noticed yet. The envelope contains all the emotions that she feels toward Matt, all the love and guilt and anger she was feeling when she first opened the journal. When she grabbed it on the way out of the car, she had a plan, but every passing second makes her question it more and more.

"Hey, Enna?" Sienna hums in acknowledgement, knowing that Matt was going to continue speaking anyway. "Did you ever make that playlist? The one to try and get me to listen to something 'other than rap'." His fingers go up into air quotes at the end, signaling that he still doesn't believe her when she says that he only listens to one kind of music.

"Oh, yeah. I'll send it to you." She glances down at her phone, not taking long to find the playlist as she's been listening to it a lot recently. "It's pretty good, if I do say so myself."

"Okay, two things. One, Why is it called 'bitch boy'?And two, how on Earth is it seven hours long?" Chris immediately clings onto the length of the playlist, claiming that all of his are two hours at the most, while Nick laughs over the name.

"It's called bitch boy, because you're a boy and you're  a bitch. And it's seven hours long so there's plenty of songs for you to listen to and get a feel for. We're trying to expand your music taste, Matty."

"I don't think that there's anything wrong with his music." Chris piped up, mainly only because they have almost identical music tastes.

"Shut up Chris! This is about bitch boy." Nick extended his leg as far as he could to kick the leg of the chair as he spoke.

"Sienna, if you start to make bitch boy a nickname I'm gonna give you a bloody nose."

"No you won't, you love me." Matt's cheeks burn red, he knows deep down that she doesn't mean it like that, but after the events of the last 24 hours they both understand the deeper meaning.

Nick stands up, and tries to get Chris to get up with him, but his brother is playing Mae back in 8 Ball, a worthless cause as he's never won, and isn't paying attention. "Chris, don't you think we should let Matt and Sienna talk. Alone."

Chris' head flies up, glancing between Nick and the pair that have moved so they are now sitting next to each other on the bed. "I mean, I guess. I wanted some food anyway." He shrugs, leaving the room behind his brother, who begins to chastise him once they're outside of the room.

Sienna's heart feels like it could explode from how fast it's beating. It's not like she and Matt haven't been alone together, but something's shifted lately that makes it difficult for her to look him in the eyes.

"Why do you have an envelope?" His eyes lock onto the white paper in her hands, which she immediately moves to hide.

"It's nothing, just something I wrote."

He doesn't look convinced, a smirk growing on his face. He could reach out and grab it, but he knows Sienna well, and Sienna would not let him read it ever if he did that.

"It's for you. Well, I wrote it for me. But I want you to read it, I think." She summons all the courage she can muster and extends the envelope to her friend, who hopefully won't just be her friend soon.

"You sure?" She nods, pushing the envelope into her hands and immediately using them to hide her face. "Enna, if you don't want me to read it, I won't."

"Please just read it before I chicken out."

Her face burns scarlet as he opens the envelope and pulls out the small piece of notebook paper inside. She doesn't get any less embarrassed as she watches him unfold it through the cracks in her fingers.

She watches his expression closely as he reads, scanning for any sign that her writing was getting too personal to have shared. His face stayed neutral throughout the entire time he read, the few exceptions being when he got to the parts when she talked about how she felt about him and his face flushed red for a moment.

When he finished, he folded it back up and placed it back in the envelope. Clearing his throat before he said anything. "When did you write that?"

"About 20 minutes before Josh asked me out, and I read it almost immediatelyafter and knew I shouldn't have said yes."

"So, you meant everything you said."

"I still mean it."