Part 17

Sana's P.O.V. 

I got the dirty clothes to wash and had to wash it again with my hands since the machine still wasn't working. This time, I took my gentle time and didn't scrub the clothes too hard so that I don't rip them. Sharad came to me and frowned. I stood up and looked at him while rubbing away the sweat from my neck. "Sana, I'm sorry about yesterday. I was tensed about something else that was not your fault and lashed out at you. I'm regretful. I'm sorry," he said. I felt much better knowing that he was not angry at me. Smiling, I said, "It's ok. Completely fine. I'm not angry or hurt." "Really?" He asked hopeful. I nodded. "Then, let me make up for my mistake. Let me take you out for lunch," he said. I was taken aback. "Umm...lunch..." I said hesitantly. "Don't worry. It's just lunch. Nothing more. Only to make up for my mistake," he said. "And everyone else?" I asked. "There is a special service in the temple today so they all will be there," he said. I didn't seem any harm having lunch with him since I have known him for a while and agreed. "Great! I'll see you then," he said. "Yeah," he said. "One more thing," he said. "Yes?" I said. He took out his handkerchief and wiped my neck. "There is soap on your neck," he said. I smiled at him a bit nervous. "Thank you," I said. He nodded and left me.

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

As I was finished with my breakfast, I decided to run across to the home to return the bowl myself. In reality, I was just looking for an excuse to meet Sana. I went to the kitchen but she wasn't there. Going to the back, I saw her with Sharad but what I saw made me freeze. He was wiping her neck with his handkerchief and she was smiling, looking at him. I felt weird. I felt a bit irritated. What was Sharad doing? And why? This wasn't him. And why was Sana encouraging this? I clenched my fists and looked at them annoyed. I left and went back to my clinic feeling angry. I hardly had any appointments so I wasn't busy. I sat on my chair and played with a pencil while I thought about what I saw. I felt uncomfortable and vex. Neha came into my office and said, "Sid, Dr. Mehta called and asked if you finished reviewing the results." "I'm not," I said. "So, should I call him back?" She asked. "Do what you want! Why are you bothering me?" I said bursting out at her. She flinched and looked at me surprised. I sighed as I realised my mistake and apologised. As she was leaving, I stopped her and said, "Postpone all of my appointments for today. I'll see them tomorrow." "But that will be too much for tomorrow," she said. "Then, just push them to after lunch," I said. "Ok," she said. I threw the pencil on the table and leaned back on my chair. Looking at the roof, I went crazy thinking about why I was upset. This is her life and she can do whatever she wants with it. I am no one to be feeling this way. I sighed and opened up the file I had to review and started. It took me some time and by the time I was finished, it was drawing close to lunch time. I decided to personally go to his office and drop it off so I informed Neha and left. As I reached there and did my work, I was caught by surprised upon leaving by Sana and Sharad going into a restaurant together. I became curious and was confused if to go in behind them or leave them. My phone rang and I answered saying, "Yes, Neha." "Sid, should I take out your food?" She asked. "No, it's ok. I'll eat and come back," I said. "Ok," she said. I hung up and went into the restaurant. 

As I entered, I looked around and spotted them at a table. I began walking in their direction, pretending to not notice them and as I was passing their table, Sana called out surprised, "Sidharth." Exactly what I wanted. I acted surprised and said, "Hey! What are you guys doing here?" "We are here for lunch," she said. "Oh! Alone?" I asked. "Everyone is at the temple so Sharad decided to treat me with lunch," she said. "Oh!" I said looking at him. "Come and join us," she said. "No, I don't want to disturb you. You guys carry on," I said. "It's no disturbance join us. Please," she said. "Well, if you're insisting so much, sure," I said. I took a seat and smiled. "By the way, what are you doing here?" Sharad asked. "I came to Dr. Mehta's office across the street to return a file. I thought of having lunch here before going back," I said. "But, I thought you didn't like the food here?" He asked. "I..." I said thinking quickly for an answer, "I am feeling really hungry and I have a lot of appointments after lunch so I thought of eating while I have the chance." "Ok," he said. I smiled and looked at Sana. "So, you guys are on a date?" I asked. "What! No!" Sana exclaimed. "Relax, I'm joking," I said satisfied by her answer. "It wasn't a date for her. Thank God. But what about Sharad," I thought. He looked at me with a disappointed look which confused me. Was he disappointed by my question or me being there? "Shall we order?" I asked. I called a waiter and we ordered our meals. As we waited for our meals to come, Sana and Sharad chatted while I played I was reading the menu but actually listening to them. "I hope you like the food here. It's great. You're going to have an awesome lunch today," he said. "I'm ready. Always ready for good food and since you're praising the food so much, I'm sure it must be good," she said. "That you will find out after eating it yourself," I said.