6 # Stars in dark

Hello

As promised back with update.
Happy reading 💕
___
Swara tossed and turned on the bed, restless. Next to her, Tara slept peacefully and she knew Sanskaar was out there sleeping equally peacefully.

“My Mom sang this to Uttara every night and I used to sneak in.”  She recalled that fond smile, that little spark in his eyes as he talked of his family which she thought was a considerable improvement.

“I teased her a lot and she would grumble and pout. But I loved listening to the song. I never told them.” Then she watched that smile vanish into something sad. She could bet she heard him say.

" I wish I had ” He simply closed his eyes and every thought was shut

---------------------------------------------

The contradictions, she thought of his statements a while back. Intriguing or puzzling?. What was he fighting? What did he want to let go of? She knew there is more to the surface. Today was just a little victory but … ahead was a more tough path.

She has no intentions to rush, that would only worsen things. He needs time but she has every intention to find out. There was something buried deep…he refused to spill out. Unless she breaches those walls he built around his heart, She will not have a breakthrough.

Swara sighed and tossed out of bed. She stepped out and made herself home as she sank down on a soft cushion out on the balcony. She was glad they had one for their room helping her steal those moments of peace. The moonlight and the gentle sway of leaves, and the chilly breeze were already working wonders on her mood.  Swara gazed at the journal in her hands. She always carried one . She always felt writing liberated her and gave her clarity and a way out of jumbled thoughts.

She has a lot to pen down tonight.

--------

They took it slow. A minute to 5, Five to ten, Ten to fifteen. Days to weeks. Little by little, Sanskaar felt better day by day and he appreciated the patience and persistence of Swara.

He didn't have to shut his thoughts or evade them. The more he oppressed them, the more they could cause trouble. Just let them come..let them flow, she told him. And she was right. 

Hurt is inevitable to heal. The hurt dimmed down bit by bit …and there came a day when he could sit with no breakdowns or tears. 

In between, they kept on with their sessions. She talked to him about body language, cues to pick up in case of women, Thin border between harmless flirtation turning into something uncomfortable. He found it interesting. He paid more attention to his business interactions with women trying to understand …pick up nuances, he was being taught. Strange enough, he found himself discussing his family with Swara, sharing little snippets from the past.

He didn't usually do that but he had to admit, that Swara has a certain art of putting people at ease. She didn't do it for the sake of it. She genuinely cared for ‘him’

He liked Miss Bose, he thought with a smile and turned his focus back to work.

-------------

Swara liked the progress too. Mr.Maheshwari felt at ease, loosening up a bit. Oh Yes! That's a good sign. She smiled, recalling a little incident in the morning. 

Tara always commanded and demanded attention and there was Sanskaar who hardly gave her a look and kept his way out, for his fear of being clueless on kids or ways to tackle them. Swara always kept a watch, ensuring Tara is out of Sanskaar’s way. She still recalled their first meeting where he admitted he is not good with kids and she didn't intend to trouble him.