authors note

When I set out to write this story I wanted it to feel like an out-of-control fanfic. I wanted it to be over the top and overdone but I wanted to ground it in real emotions and realistic struggles.

Truthfully, my first story was so personal for me that I wanted to write something as far away from my own reality as possible.

That being said, I think it's pretty unrealistic to tell so many stories of young people in underground drug rings, or crimes of any kind, that seem to escape death over and over again. It's incredibly unrealistic to believe that that sort of lifestyle comes without consequence, so when I planned this book I knew that my characters would face consequences.

And boy did they.

The boys of Magnetic lived an ugly life in an ugly world, but they had beautiful relationships with each other. They loved so deeply and they cared so much, but they were still stubborn men. None more stubborn than Harry.

Harry and Ashton were never meant to last. They were never meant to be a sustainable romance, those two characters are equally toxic in every way.

Harry's consequences came before his death. His lies were all exposed, he served time for the crimes he committed, albeit not very much, and he caused a lot of hurt to the woman he loved.

His death was not a consequence, it was not a punishment. His death is so tragic because of all the things he left unsaid. His death hurts so bad because he had the chance to say what he wanted to say and he was too stubborn. His pride was too great, his mind too hard-headed. He believed he was invincible and that they were inevitable and he was wrong.

Their love story was never meant to last, but it doesn't make it any less important.

If you take away anything from this book I hope it's that A. You deserve a partner with a mouth as dirty as Harry's. And B. Your pride is never more important than telling your loved ones that you love them.

Life is fleeting and cruel, say what you need to say.

love you. thanks for being here.

see you in the epilogues.