Chapter 36: "I've never been better after spitting on that asshole."

After a short conversation and a bit of kissing with Joy in my room, we went back with the others. I was wondering to talk with Wayne's business partners to increase my relationship with them, but Jessie wants to be introduced to her.

Yes, her I'm talking about is Rose.

I was giving her the sign that I was uncomfortable with her that night, but she dared to come to my dad's party, "Rose," I called her when I approached her.

"Claude," Rose called me and examined my outfit up and down, "you look different with your long-sleeve rugby shirt and jeans."

I crossed my arm in front of my chest, "oh yeah? What about it?"

"Nothing. It screams 'Lesbian Top' loudly," Rose said, and I heard Jessie hold her laugh. She turned her attention to Jessie as she extended her hand, "Hi there, I'm Rose."

"I'm Jessie," when Jessie grabbed her hand, Rose took it and pecked her hand as Jessie giggled in response.

"Your friend seems to be stiff with me. Can you ask her to take it easy on me?" Rose said with her eyebrow raised at me.

Jessie still giggled and looked at me, "chill, dude."

I just rolled my eyes at Rose.

I heard Rose sigh and speak, "I know I've made you uncomfortable that night. I want to say I'm sorry for what I did."

I furrowed my eyebrow and pursed my lips, "it's alright, thank you, Rose," Rose lent her hand to me, and I shook her.

"Have you two made up? I know Rose can be a little bit personal with others," Dion suddenly appeared as he startled Rose with a side hug, "How can you use an old Toyota Corolla when you have this nice house?" he asked me.

"Because my car is from my sweat and tears," I answered proudly.

"Really? What did you do before?" Rose's interest seems to be increased.

"I work as a lifeguard in summer," I crossed my arm, "150 dollars per day."

"My father gets that in less than a second," Dion said as he sipped his champagne.

"Dammit, I got that less than a minute," Rose shook her head and pushed Dion away.

"I think we hung out with the wrong people," Jessie whispered to my ears, and I laughed.

Then Emilia came with her hands full of two plates, "thanks, honey," Dion said as he accepted the plate.

"Shit, I forgot about my mom's casserole. Let's get it, Jess, before they run out," I said as I took my best friend's hand.

"Fuck yeah! Your mom makes the best casserole," Jessie said, and we headed to the kitchen.

***

JOY'S P.O.V

A few hours since I met with Claude in her room, I've thought about why I was mad the first time. I wasn't that mad at her for dancing with Rose the other night, or was I?

It is hard to stay mad at Claude when she's not even my girlfriend, and it doesn't mean I don't want her to be mine.

Gosh, I want her all for myself.

It's not the sex that I like. It's here that I like.

I had different intimacy with Claude because if you think intimacy is all about sex, it means more than just sex.

Taylor Jenkins Reid said, and I quote, "intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, you can show yourself to them when you stand in front of them bare, and their response is 'you're safe with me'- that's intimacy."