𝟸 | 𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐

"PLAYꞮNG: ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ - ᴊᴜꜱᴛɪɴe ꜱᴋʏᴇ, ᴛʏɢᴀ"
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺
•—•—•—•—•—•—•

"I left all the doors unlocked"

November 13, 1982

I'm awoken from my slumber by the sounds of birds singing, and families taking a morning walk with their children.

I open the curtains that were quickly placed on my windows yesterday to get some sunlight in my room.

I sit up and stretch my arms and then my legs. I yawn and make my way over to the kitchen to get some waffles.

I walk out of my room, propping my door open so I have room to get out. I scooch a box to keep the door open instead of closed.

"Good morning kiddo" My dad greets me. Turning the stove on to make pancakes.

"Good morning dad," I avert my eyes away from my dad and look around for Simon. I see him sitting on the couch, focused on the TV. I have an evil idea that I turn the TV off and scare him.

I grab the remote from the side table and turn the TV off "BOO!" I yell in his ear. A little scream comes out of the boy. He quickly turns his head over to me, with a mad look on his face.

"Good morning to you too, sis" I roll my eyes and he lightly punches my arm. "dads making pancakes, so you don't have to waste all the Eggos again"

"But I wanna be like Eleven!" I joke

"and I want to be Lucas, but can I? No. So be real and stop stealing all the waffles!" He snaps

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" I tease, pushing him with my index finger

He pushes my finger away and gives me a dirty look. I just smirk at him and walk over to my dad.

"Pancakes, eh? What do you need" I half groan, knowing my dad wants something from us.

"Just– I'll explain at the table–Simon! Breakfast is ready" He quietly yells, trying not to hurt my ears.

We make our way to the table and place the plates and silverware down.

We are about 5 seconds into enjoying our food and then our dad starts talking

"So, guys, what I need is something I need to tell you. So you know how I told you you would start school a week after we move?" He starts

Me and Simon both nod slowly and stuff our food in our mouths to be prepared

"About that, I realized that I had to sign you guys in now, or you'd have to wait a whole year. And we don't want that, do we?" He picks up a strawberry and places it in his mouth "so you guys are starting tomorrow"

We drop our forks "what?" We say simultaneously

"Awww cmon, I wanted a break from hell" Simon groans, throwing his head back on the chair. {😳}

"Back to when you said we don't want to wait a whole year. We do though," I snicker "a whole year off of school. Welcome to paradise" {quoted by Green Day 🤩}