Chapter 10

After explaining to Izzy why they needed to find Magnus Bane, they went to see Hodge to finalize their plan. Izzy had informed them about the downworlder's rave that was happening later tonight already so they only needed a plan to lure Magnus out of hiding for the biggest party of the year. Hodge gave them the necklace Magnus had bought for his then-lover Camille and told them that Magnus had been longing to be reunited with this piece and that he would definitely take the bait this way. Quickly agreeing that Jace would send a fire message, the three girls split from the group to get ready for the mission. But not before Jace and Alec tightly hugged their mate goodbye.

"So... Elle, what do you think about my brothers now?" Izzy asked as soon as they arrived in her room, making Michelle blush. "Well... I... Where do I... I think I'm warming up to them?" She said as a half-assed explanation. "Bullshit. You like them." Clary said, calling her older sister out in front of Izzy. "Clary!" "Thank you, Clary. At least one of you Frays doesn't beat around the bush" Izzy joked, before continuing "I'm glad you're giving them a chance." she said, before squeezing Michelle's shoulder gently. "Let's get dressed!"

Stepping out of the bathroom, Michelle was wearing a tight black dress with cut outs in all the right places. "By the angel, if you weren't mated to my brothers I would so do you" Izzy told Michelle, making the Fray girl giggle. "What are you giggling about, princess?" They heard from behind them, making Michelle and Izzy turn towards the doorway which resulted in Jace and Alec's jaw dropping "Jesus babe. Are you trying to give us a heart attack?" Jace spoke as soon as he found his voice again. Meanwhile Alec was pulling at the neck of his shirt as if to give him more air, before saying "You look absolutely gorgeous, princess". This made Michelle blush bright red before walking up to them and softly thanking them. 

"Michelle, Alec always needs some help picking out his outfits for these things. Why don't you help him" Izzy suggested, while wiggling her eyebrows. "Are you okay with that?" Michelle asked him. "Of course, princess. Let's go" Alec said, taking her hand in his and guiding her towards their room. "Jace, you coming?" Alec asked his parabatai. "I'll be there in a minute" he called back.

Jace stepped into Izzy's room and asked here why he had to dress Michelle up like that when they weren't even bonded yet. "Because she looks damn good like that" Izzy bluntly said, making Jace agree with him before pointing out that everyone will think so. "Well then, you have your work cut out for you, don't you?" Izzy cheekily replied before pushing him out of the door.

When Jace came to his room, he certainly did not expect to see Alec pushing Michelle against the wall while they were in a heated make out session. Obviously not aware of their surroundings.

Clearing his throat, the two of them quickly parted from each other before seeing Jace standing there, looking smug. "Next time I'm going to ask you to help me pick out some clothes if that's what it leads to" he said, winking at her. Meanwhile Alec had the biggest smile on his face because his mate had kissed him. "We were- he just-" Michelle stammered out, trying to explain how things ended up like this, making Jace cut her off by saying "You don't have to explain yourself to me, babe. I'm glad you and Alec kissed. I hope I can show you I'm a better kisser soon".