Chapter 8: Once Upon A Swap

3rd POV

ɥǝllo?

pıd ʎon ɟonnd ʇɥǝ booʞ?

dlǝɐsǝ, ı'ɯ bǝƃƃınƃ ʎon

ɥǝld ɯǝ!

  (Y/n) gasps as she jolted awake for the third time this week. She sighs and got up from her sleeping bag and got ready.

  As she got down the stairs, she was greeted by King throwing himself at her. She let out a cry as she and King fell onto the ground. "Good morning (Y/n)! Boop." King boops (Y/n)'s nose. She chuckles before doing the same to King.

  "Ah, good to see that you woke up early this morning," Eda says as she sips on her mug of apple blood. "Because today, we have a lot of things to do."

  "I wouldn't expect any less," (Y/n) says as she picks up King.

  "Come on, breakfast is ready." Eda beckons to the kitchen. "Hurry up before it gets cold."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  In the market, King right now was jumping on the table, trying to grab a flag hanging above him. "Weh!" He yells as he was about to fall off the table, but luckily (Y/n) saved him. "Stupid flag!"

  Luz then walks in carrying a ladder and a wooden sign.

  "Uh, Luz?" (Y/n) starts out, knowing full what Luz was planning. "I don't think Eda would like this."

  "Why?" Luz asks her friend.

  "For staters I don't think she would like any unwanted attention on her cause, she is kinda a wanted criminal."

  "But, It's been a little slow around here," Luz then puts the wooden sign on top of the "HUMAN COLLECTABLES" sign and taps it, activating the light glyphs, causing a fully illuminated and winking face of Eda "And who doesn't like their name in lights?"

Luz looks at King and (Y/n), "is it too subtle?"

  "Does subtle mean ugly?" The familiar voice of Boscha rang out.

  The three turned around to be meet with Boscha, Skara, and an Oracle track student standing in front of the stand.

  "Hi, Boscha! Hexsidians! See anything you like?" Luz asks as (Y/n) had her guard up.

  "Ew! No. I'm just here to take an ironic Penstagram next to your weird flashing trash sign." Boscha says as she summons her scroll and takes several pictures.

  "It's not funny, Boscha." (Y/n) says as she glares at the three eyed girl.

  Boscha scoffs, "what are you going to do? Spit your human venom on me?"

  King looks at his human companions, "you two have venom? Quick, Luz, start melting faces!"

  Luz kneels down, "even if I could, it's not worth it. You wouldn't understand how to handle teens like her."

  King immediately grabs her hood, "no, I'll show you what to do." King grunts as he jumps onto the table, "You will tremble before me!"

  The three teens stare at him.

  Boscha coos, "Oh, he's so cute!" She hugs King and summons her scroll, taking a picture with a filter. King made a sound of distress, shoving her face away from him. "How much? I have to own him."