𝗖𝗵. 𝟬𝟯

"Shinichiro-kun!"

"Shinichiro-kun!"

You quickly walked up to Shinichiro's bed that he was resting on. A bandage was wrapped around his head and his blanket was covering his body.

"Oh.. hey, Y/n," Shinichiro smiled.
"How are you doing?" You asked.
"I'm feeling much better."
"I bought you some warm food that I made. Well.. Riku helped with most of it while I was training, but I still helped!" You put the bag of food down next to his bed.
"Thanks," he chuckled and patted your head.

"I-I heard Y/n was here!" A blonde haired girl barged inside the room, panting.
"Emma!" You waved to her.
"O-oh! Hi!"

"Emma has been talking about you nonstop," Shinichiro admitted.
"Oh, really?" You smiled.

"Y/n," Emma pulled your sleeve.

You looked at her red cheeks while she was looking down at her shoes and smiling. "Yes?"

"Do you wanna.. uhm.. g-go out with me?"
"Huh..?"
"N-NO!! Not like that, I wanna go out with you to the new pastry shop that opened!!"
"With me? But shouldn't you go with Mikey instead? He loves pastries."
"No," she shook her head violently. "Not with that jerk!"
"Okay, I'll go then. Bye, Shinichiro! Take care."

。。。

You were walking hand in hand with Emma. She blushed at the height difference between you two, you were a little taller than her.

'We're like a couple!' She squealed inside her mind.

"Where's the pastry shop, Emma?"
"Oh, it's only a block aw-.."
"Hey there, girlies," a guy that you assumed was in middle school stood in front of you with his two friends.
"Hello," you smiled.
"Where are you two headed to?" He asked.
"We're going to the new pastry shop that opened," you answered. Emma held your hand tighter when she realized the guys were bad news.
"You shouldn't tell them where we're going," she whispered.
"It's okay, Emma. If they hurt us, I'll just hurt them back."

"Got any money?" The guy's friend asked.
"No," you answered. "Emma's treating me."
"Y-yeah," she stuttered.
"Emma? That name sounds like a foreigner's. You must be rich, huh? May I have some money?" The guy leaned in, his face was a few inches away from her now.
"Hey.. back up," you warned him.
"Or what?" He laughed. "It's alright, kid. We may look like bullies, but we're just asking for money."
"You're scaring my friend."
"Aww, it's okay. You can go cry to your mom-.."

Before he could finish, you gave a hard kick on his calf. He groaned in pain and looked up at you in anger.

"I don't have a mom," you glared at him.

"No wonder you behave like an orphan!" He was about to slap you, but you backed away and kicked him in the crotch. "OW! FUCK, YOU'VE REALLY DONE IT NOW, BRAT!"

...

"Let's go, Emma."

The scared girl stared at the beaten men in front of her. Your hands were covered in blood and your clothes were dirty now.

"Y-Y/n!" She ran up to you and hugged you tightly.
"Yes? Are you okay, Emma?"
"Are you okay?!" She looked at you with tears in her eyes.
"I'm okay! Don't worry," you smiled. "Although, my hands are covered in blood. You're gonna ge-.."
"I don't care if I get dirty. You beat those men up for me? You're so cool!" She broke out of the hug and held your hand again.
"Thank you. Now both of our hands are bloody," you laughed.

"Let's just go home now. I don't wanna take you to the shop when you're dirty and covered in blood."
"Dirty? So rude, Emma~!"
"Let's go get you cleaned up," she smiled.

。。。

"And-and then she punched the last one on the face super quickly! I didn't even see her sneaking up on the guy!"

Emma was explaining the fight between you and the guys to her family while they were eating dinner. Shinichiro was still at the hospital, resting.

"Eat your food," grandpa Sano sighed.
"Be quiet!" Mikey complained.
"You're just jealous you weren't there to see her!" Emma crossed her arms.
"I'm glad she protected you, but stop yelling," Grandpa Sano shoved a spoonful of food in her mouth.
"Yeah! Cheese like pho trong!" Emma commented with her mouth full of food.

'Of course she's strong,' Mikey blushed. Just thinking about you protecting his sister by fighting guys that were twice the size of you made him flustered. You were so cool!

 You were so cool!