Ruby Pt. 1

I don't really know what I'm doing, following Wilder and Ares out of school and into the unknown to look for Enoki and Tiger. I'm fine with searching for Enoki, but Tiger? Tiger's dad kidnapped my mother. I won't forgive Tiger for it.

The only reason I can think of why I'm following Wilder and Ares is because they need a real wizard, not the chaotic magic Wilder wields. I don't really have to explain because of what happened earlier.

"I think we should buddy up," Dawn said. Everyone followed her orders. Gil with Coral, Wilder with Ares, Cherry with Dawn, and I was left with Meza. Meza and everyone else probably didn't know that my heart was fluttering. But it was.

We left the Crystal Cliffs and I felt a large part of my power leave me. I didn't know where we were going. I always sucked at geography.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm thinking of heading to the Undergrove," Gil yelled back. I guess that made sense. It was better than the Lost Empire. I had been there way to much for my liking, due to being lost so much.

We walked in silence. I felt for my elytra feeling it there. I dismissed it for now. I looked into Meza's dark brown eyes and saw warmth and worry together. Warmth because Meza was a caring princess and worry for her friends.

"How are you?" I asked Meza, hoping to break the silence.

"Good, you?" She responded.

"I'm doing alright for whats been going on."

"It really has been crazy." We walked in silence for the rest until we were at the Undergrove.

"Shrub?" Ares asked.

"Why are all of Gem's students here? Should I call her?" Shrub said.

"No no. Have you seen Enoki or Tiger lately?"

"Well of course I saw Enoki this morning. But I haven't seen Tiger in a while."

"You're sure?" Cherry asked. Shrub nodded her head. I shook my head. This was a waste of time and Mom was probably panicking her head off.

"Can we use elytra next time we decide to go across the world? And where are we going?" Mesa asked with sass.

"That is a good question. Does everyone have an elytra?" After receiving nods from everyone Gil continued, "As for where we're going, umm, you wanna answer Wilder?"

"Well next we should go back to school and follow Enoki's muddy footprints." Everyone agreed. We spread our wings and flew back. Wilder took charge and found the tracks. He followed them until they stopped. He stood there puzzled until I stepped up and snapped my fingers and invisible footprints now made visible appeared.

"Trust the wizard," I said. Wilder gave me an annoyed look then we followed them. The tracks continued for a while until we were in the mountains. Then they faded to nothing. Coral spotted the towers of Rivendell and ran over to them. We ran after her.

Coral ran all the way to the palace and through the grand doors. She jogged across the floors with us following. We ran up stairs, down stairs, across hallways, through rooms. All over the palace. Finally Coral stopped in a room I hadn't been in before.

"Coral? What are you doing?"

"Crystal! It's so good to see you!" Coral said running over to hug the Queen. Crystal's cyan braid ran long across her head and down to her hips. Her tiara fit snuggly on her head.

"Excuse me? Do you know of any place where we could go to find tracking spells?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Yes. How would you like to see the secret Rivendell Ancient Library?" Cherry squealed with excitement. Crystal lead the way outside and out of the city. Deep into the mountains we went until we stumbled upon a magnificent building engraved into a cliff face. Crystal walked into the building with confidence and down the spiral staircase.

I was next to go down and I heard voices.

"Have you found a book on inter-dimensional travel?"

"I'd need a key to decipher what any of these words mean."

I recognized those voices. Enoki and Tiger. And a question stuck. What were they doing?

————

Author's note: Word count: 674. Yes this is a Ruby-Meza ship. They are not even real. Idon't care what you think. Anyway, thanks for reading.