Season 2 - Part 17

A/N: It's been more than a month, I know. Thank you guys for waiting for me. My thesis is finally over and now I'm free (haha)

~~~~~~~~~

The sound of phone ringing non-stop seems nothing in Gulf's ears. He kept on ignoring it as he just sips his juice. He knew that his friends are just calling him to check how he is doing and what's he been up to.

After leaving Mew's premises, Gulf went to file a leave of absences at the university he is teaching and directed all the works to Fluke while he is away. It won't be for long, he said.

Even though he gave them the address, none of his friends went to invade the space he needed. He asked for his privacy and personal time and they gave that to him - though they call him from time to time.

He can see nothing but green and the beautiful flowers. He is in the middle of some where - where he is alone, no loud noises, no music, buzzing sound, no distractions and no Mew. He can't afford to be away for too long or gone permanently because there are so much things to consider.

Alone time is always his go to treatment. And this time, he will comeback as a bolder and stronger Gulf - though he is not sure if he can really do it. He won't know unless he tries.

He wanted to forget all about Mew but that would be impossible. Forgetting someone you love is just a pure hypocrisy. If you truly love someone, they will always stay in your heart and never forgotten.

"We could've done much better." Gulf whispered to his self. He doesn't want to cry again, he already wasted so much tears.

"You hurting me, was it worth it? Do I have something pasted on me saying 'It's okay to hurt this man?'" He heave a sigh. His self years back will never even think that him and Mew will separate, that they would end up this way. He never expected it.

"Baby~, honey~, love~ come and look at this gift. It's a puppy" A voice of Mew lingers to his ears. As if the person is just calling him. It was a memory when they were still together. Mew would always call him and he loved to called by Mew since his voice calms him down.

"Happy anniversary baby~" Another one of those happy memories that they shared. It was that time of the year when Mew brought him a new car for their anniversary and let him drive them to their special destination. A place that used to be a home that became just a memory. A beautiful dream that's slowly turning into a nightmare.

"Cheers Mew. Cheers to the end of us" Gulf said. He raised a toast in the air using his glass of juice, he doesn't want to drink alcohol. He doesn't want to rely to alcohol so he can comfort himself. Alcohol will only let you temporarily forget the pain yet it will hit you hard back the next day.

**
"Connect me to Mr. Warut" Mew said in his usual cold tone. He immersed himself to work.

"Mew?" A confused voice of Prem. It is not a wonder to him why Mew is calling since he's been doing that for quite a while but he just texted Mew about Gulf.

"How is he?" Mew asked, neither his tone nor facial expression has changed.

"He is resting. Taking his alone time. How are you Mew?" Prem answered and asked him back. Mew was taken aback since it was the first time Prem asked him about how he is feeling.

"I- I'm fine... I think. Yeah." He stutters a bit and regained his composure back just in instant. "Prem... I thank you for your cooperation with me for all those years. I know, it was hard for you and I'm sorry for putting you in the middle. I believe that this time, that this moment, he is gone from my life forever." Mew paused and took a deep breath, "I am now letting him go and let him be free for good. I cannot promise that I won't appear in front of him again but it would be nothing but pure business. I hurt him enough and I take all the blame. I loved and I still love him, take care of him for me."

"...but...you're only months away Mew." Prem utters.

"Be it months or just a second, I can't bear to see him in pain anymore. I- uh, thank you Prem." Mew ended the call abruptly. He heave a heavy sigh and wipe the corner of his eye. A very hard decision he made.

He called his secretary in and holds out a folder. "Give this to my lawyer, he knew what to do."

The folder contains the divorce paper signed by both parties, the nuptial agreement, his will, and the documents needed for submitting a case. A case to Gulf's father.

Mew will always take all the blame. He was weak that he failed to protect his love and he was scared that Gulf will leave him for good. The path he took wasn't as simple, he worked hard and played behind the scenes. It was his fault that he did not rely and asked for help. It was his fault that Gulf got left out in the dark and Mew wanted it to stay that way.

Mew's gaze began to soften and looked straight ahead like Gulf's there, standing in front of him, smiling like how he used to. The Gulf who loved him unconditionally.

"I'm sorry baby, I failed you. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I am a coward who do not deserve your love. You deserve better and you deserve the world. I'm sorry it me so long to let you go but I'm finally giving you your freedom. I love you and I will always will." Mew smiled, his face is full of pain and sadness. The first time he showed reaction after that.

The Gulf in Mew's eyes walked towards him and smiled. He touch Mew's cheeks and vanished.

Those Tears that's falling out of Mew's eyes, he hims wiped them off gently and close his eyes. He can't afford to be idle for a second. He needs to work and make himself busy otherwise he'll go insane. He doesn't want an alone time, he wants work and work and work. Drown himself in sadness and pain.

"Hey! Is it true?" Bright suddenly barged inside Mew's office. He heard the news, he got it.

"What is true?" Mew asked, his face reverted back to his usual expressionless and cold but his puffy eyes are betraying him.

"About Gulf! You're filing the divorce?!" Bright's eyes are questioning him and his face gives it all that he can't believe what Mew did.

"He deserve it. I took his freedom and chained him to me. He deserved it years ago and I'm just giving it to him now." Mew said.

"That's bullshit! You know that Gulf still loves you, right?" Bright exclaimed.

"Love is not enough. I can't just tie someone to myself just because I love them and they also love me. Love is no longer an enough reason if pain is already stronger than what we call 'love'" Mew said. His tone is nothing but bland and bitterness.

"Oh, shut it! You-"

Mew cut him off, "I'm okay, really. It's fine. There's nothing I can't handle. I will be okay."

"That is not reassuring. I am always here Mew, you don't have to take and just accept everything. That's not the Mew I know, the Mew that I know is fearless, the one in control, takes everything head on and the Mew who doesn't give up and will fight when it comes to Gulf." Bright said, he is real concern with Mew. The only friend that Mew relies on.

"That Mew no longer exists." Mew cracked a smile.

~~~~

How are you guys?
I'll try now to update once a week or every other week. Thank you for waiting.

Lovelots ❤️💙