Fifty-Three*

Steamy chapter ahead. Read, if you like and ignore if you don't.

[|]

Lucas and his brother had not been around when I brought Maddy with me which wasn't was I expected but I ended up showing her around and giving the details of what had been happening, including the Andrea saga.

We talked more with snacks while watching a rom-com on the large television, hoping Lucas would return soon. Once the movie ended, I turned off the television and Maddy turned to me, smiling.

"What? Why are you smiling like that?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Tell me, Jackie... I know Lucas and you were a bit touchy and stuff in high school. Are you two still the same?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I grabbed a throw pillow and smacked her in the head, causing her to laugh and fall to the floor. I crossed my arms, lips pursed and eyes narrowed.

"Oh, come on. You're living with someone who was all around you. You can't tell me something dirty hasn't happened because I know how Lucas can be," she said, a smug look on her face.

"You are something, Maddy. Why would you even think that?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable.

"I'm your best friend, remember? I'm allowed to tease you about boys," Maddy said and rose from the floor.

I stayed quiet for a while, trying to think over what has happened between Lucas and me over the days I've stayed here. I sighed and looked at her.

"Maybe."

Maddy squealed and sat down on the couch. She grabbed my hand while her eyes were wide in excitement.

"Oh, my God. Tell me."

"Well, we've kissed twice in this house," I said, blushing.

"Aww... You're shy. So, you two have only kissed or done the bed marathon?"

My jaw slackened at her words. I couldn't help but laugh with my head thrown back.

"What? I'm only curious," she said and I stopped laughing.

"We haven't and it's not like we're together or anything," I said in a serious tone.

Maddy stared at my face for some seconds in contemplative silence. I could not tell what she was thinking.

"Do... Do you like him?"

I bit my lip and played with my fingers. I looked away from her face, knowing I had to let someone know that I did have feelings for Lucas and not keep it inside of me.

"I do. I don't know how and why but I just like him. I even feel like I have strong feelings for him. Is this normal?" I made eye contact with her and saw the concern on her face.

"Aw, it's normal, babe. Given the circumstances of you two living together and your past, it's normal. The only thing I'm worried about is you getting hurt. You and I both know that Lucas doesn't have a good record with girls and you're not the type of girls he mingles with and not the type that takes heartbreak. What I'm trying to say is, be careful. I don't want you getting shattered because of him if he isn't being genuine. No offense but Lucas is a green snake and I know better because I used to be with him in high school. He sucks you in and leaves you dry, wanting something he will never give."