one

"Ashton! Take a shot with us!" Peyton begged at my feet. I honestly couldn't say no to her.

The bar was about to open so we usually took shots before the long night of serving people.

I honestly loved being a bartender. Even though I get to work most weekends, I get to work with my three best friends.

Peyton is a childhood friend of mine. She's one of the sweetest and nicest people I've ever met.

During our freshman year, she came out as Trans to me and I couldn't be happier for her.

People would tease her at school but she didn't let it get her down. She completely transitioned with full support.

During our Sophomore year, that's when we met Luke. He's a couple years older than us but he was always super cool.

Luke and I have the same sense of style and music taste so we quickly bonded over that kind of stuff.

We enjoy getting tattoos whenever we get the chance. He's honestly the most chill person out of the friend group.

But that doesn't mean he won't whoop someones ass if they hurt us. Finally, there's Zander.

We met him six months ago after he flew here from Australia. Luke let him move into his guest bedroom and they love living together.

Zander is the same age as both me and Peyton so we're all like a group of siblings, except for Peyton and Zander.

The past couple of weeks, I've noticed the two get closer. I think they both have crushes on each other but are too afraid to say anything.

The group of people are honestly amazing. I pour myself a shot, the four of us counting down.

We took the shots together, the burning liquid going down my throat and warming my chest.

When I sat the glass down, Luke swung his arm around me.

We watched the Dj set up before anyone came in. Once we opened, we were almost instantly crowded.

I've gotten used to the large crowds and loud music. While making our drinks, we would make small comments to each other.

Luke and Zander play this game where they count how many girls flirt with them.

This goes on for the next couple of hours. As I turn to the bar, I see a tall brunette standing there.

He had bright blue eyes and he was wearing a leather jacket. I hadn't seen him here tonight so I guess he just got here.

His eyes were bloodshot so I guess he was bar hopping. There was a blonde standing next to him with a girl who had pretty dyed hair.

I go over towards them to see what they want. "Hey guys, what can I get you?" I ask over the loud music.

The girl wanted a White Claw, the blonde wanted a Whiskey Sour, while the brunette wanted Rum and Coke.

I nodded my head while giving the girl her White Claw. I made the brunettes first, then I made the Whiskey Sour.

They made sure to thank me and give me their cards so I could open a tab for them.

Bartending is honestly really hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

I went to talk to Peyton while the blonde and the girl left. His hand was on her lower back so I assume they were dating.

Poor guy is third wheeling. Not even a minute later, he asks me for another Rum and Coke.

"How many tattoos do you have?" He asked looking at the spider web tattoo on my hand.