0.3 Royalty AU 3.0

As the queen, you had no time for the fairytale that was romance.

You barely had the time to run the kingdom you had been given as it was, so why would you want to run a relationship on the side of it?

When your royal advisor proposed a political engagement with another kingdom, you accepted wholeheartedly.

Emotionless.

Business-like.

Apathetic.

The perfect marriage, in your opinion.

You intended to welcome three princes from neighboring kingdoms into your palace for a week.

You would select the best candidate to rule beside you after viewing them in that period, and that would be the end of it.

Or would it?

___

"Good morning, Your Majesty!"

You looked up to see your personal maid, Andy Seline, flouncing into your room. "Andy."

Andy beamed at you and opened your blinds to let in the early morning sunshine. "Just look at this, Your Majesty! Isn't the view beautiful?"

You rose an eyebrow at her. "Is there a reason for your good mood?"

"Isn't seeing your lovely face reason enough?" Andy asked innocently.

You shrugged. "Considering what's happening today, I'd think you'd be a bit peeved."

"Today?" You watched as the realization dawned on her. "That's today?" She gasped.

You nodded.

She clammed up immediately, staring into the still air.

You climbed out of bed and went to fix your clothes by yourself.

Andy snapped out of her stupor. "Your Majesty! I can do that!"

You laughed softly. "Then get to it. The princes won't be arriving until noon anyway."

___

"Big! Sister! N/n!"

The beloved second born of the kingdom, Princess Tessa, came barreling into the dining room the moment she realized you were in it.

"Careful." You choked out as she squeezed you in one of her infamous hugs.

"Big Sister, do you know what I had to eat this morning? A fruit bowl! And do you know what was in it? Blueberries! But now that I think of it, they aren't even blue! They look more...uh, they look kind of grey to me." Tessa seemed concerned. "Hey, N/n? You're the queen, right? So you can legally just change the name 'blueberry' to 'greyberry'. I don't want our subjects to be misled like this anymore! I'll go talk to Archie about it now!"

Archie, or Archibald, was the name of your royal advisor. He was a man in his sixties who had practically raised Tessa when your parents died.

You smiled softly as Tessa ran down the hallway, breakfast forgotten completely, on her way to find Archibald.

It was then that Andy arrived with a cart containing your breakfast. "Breakfast is served, Your Majesty!"

___

"They're here!"

You set down the book in your hands as Tessa came barreling into your room. "The princes?"

Tessa nodded her head enthusiastically. "The princes are here, N/n! I actually know one of them! I've heard so much about him! Now he's gonna be in our palace! Can you believe it? Can you?"