Chapter - 35

Pritika’s POV
The moment Tanvi di left me in the corridor to accept her phone call, I hear a sound like someone is growling. I know curiosity kills a cat and It’s not good to peek someone else’s room but I don’t know why I couldn’t stop myself from approaching towards  the room.
I approached the room slowly… inside the room I saw a old woman was sitting in a wheelchair.
Who is this woman? Why I never met her before? And Tanvi di or anyone else also didn’t tell me anything about her? Who is she ?
The moment that old woman saw me her eyes became big… she started to make some whimpering sounds… seeing her situation I am sure she is a paralyzed person. But why she is reacting this way? Does she want to say something? Yeah it’s look like she wants to say something to me.
Suddenly sound of water came from the bathroom. Ohh maybe someone is present here.
I want to leave the room but seeing this elderly woman in front of me behaving like this I don’t know why I feel bad. But I shouldn’t be in this room. I should leave.
I was going to leave the room when a thud sound happened behind me… looking back I saw that old woman actually fell on the ground with her wheelchair. I was too shocked to do anything.
Before I could do anything a young woman wearing a nurse dress came out of the bathroom and hurriedly ran towards the old woman and started accusing me saying “ what did you do? Who are you? How could you enter into the  room?”
Suddenly she pressed a bell and a alarm started ringing. Before I could understand anything I saw Tanvi di was running towards this room and entering the room she hurried towards the old woman.
TANVI : what happened? What happened dadi? What happened to you?
Dadi? So this woman is actually Tanvi di's grandma? Will she also blame me like this nurse? But I didn’t do anything? I didn’t even touch her.
Within some minutes later everyone else also entered into the room with a worried expression.
Third Person’s POV
KAILASH(Tanvi’s grandpa) : What happened? Why did you ring the alarm? What happened to Vedika?
The nursed replied apprehensively “She fell.”
VIKRAM : How could she fell? Where were you? What were you doing?
Vikram was roaring at the nurse.
The nurse pointed at Pritika and blamed her “I didn’t do anything. It’s her, she pushed Madam”.
Pritika was shocked hearing this. She couldn’t believe this nurse actually blaming her without seeing anything.
Pritika hurriedly shook her head negatively when everyone looked at her. In a hurry, they didn’t notice Pritika at the corner.
PRITIKA : No no no I didn’t do anything. I didn’t even touch her.
The nurse hurriedly replied “ No.. She is lying. I have seen her to push Madam.”
Hearing the Nurse blaming Pritika Kailash and Vikram both became furious but Pritika took that wrong way. Pritika thought they became angry at her. She thought they have believed that Nurse.
Tears started falling from her eyes...
PRITIKA : No… no no.. She is lying… I didn’t push her. I didn’t even touch her. She(Vedika)has fallen herself. I didn’t do anything. She (pointing at the nurse) is lying. She wasn’t even in the room, she was in the washroom. Believe me I didn’t do anything.
Adesh came near Pritika and held her by shoulder.
ADESH : Pritika, everyone knows. You don’t have to explain anything. We all know.
Pritika looked at Vikram and Kailash with teary eyes.
PRITIKA : I really didn’t do anything.
KAILASH : How dare you!
Kailash shouted in his angry authoritative voice..
KAILASH : How dare you blaming her? Do you know who she is… she is –
Before Kailash could finish his sentence Nilesh said.
NILESH : She is our daughter-in-law..
Kailash then realised what he was actually going to do… he had almost ruined  everything in anger.
Tania suggested Adesh to take Pritika outside. Tanvi and Rahul and all the other children left the room.
They all settled in the living room. Pritika was still crying. Tanvi tried to console her.
TANVI : Priti don’t cry. We all believe you. We know you haven’t done anything. It’s ok. Nothing has happened to her. And that nurse blamed you because she was afraid. Don’t worry we understand that. No one is blaming you. Don’t cry.
Virat's younger child Vicky came near Pritika, sitting on her lap he wiped her tears.
VICKY : Don’t cry Pri. Did anyone scold you? Don’t worry I will scold them.
Hearing Vicky’s cute voice and gesture… Pritika gave a small smile.
After some time all the elders came downstairs.
PRITIKA : I really didn’t…
VIKRAM : It’s ok Pritika… we understand. Now she (Vedika) is sleeping.. We will introduce you with her later… ok?
Pritika nodded her head and smiled.
PRITIKA : Can I ask something?
KAILASH : Of course you can.
PRITIKA : why she became so excited seeing me? It’s seemed like she wanted to tell me something.
Kailash sighed… he didn’t know what he will tell her. “How could I tell you dear that you remind us our daughter Kritika... And she (Vedika) clearly understood who you are. I didn’t even tell her (Vedika) that our daughter is no more. She(Kritika) has left us forever. I don’t know how will I say her. I have no courage to tell her that. Now what will I tell you?” – Kailash was thinking all this in his mind.
When everyone was thinking what will they say to Pritika. Tania (Tanvi’s mom) very smartly handle the situation.
TANIA : She always behaves that way… whenever she sees any new person she always becomes very excited. She doesn’t know you that’s why she has behaves that way.
Pritika believed Tania's words and  everyone sighed in relief.