54

-Third Person's POV-

With the last bit of service load they had from Meredith's phone, they were able to contact Maro's parents. They asked for them to stay put but they didn't listen as all they really wanted to do was leave.

While walking away, they took one last glance at the house that will forever scar them.

They were all in a huddle, they lit up a fire to keep themselves warm and wrapped themselves with the ragged blankets. They gathered as many self-defense items as they could find in case anything were to happen.

They didn't sleep for 3 days, with the littlest energy they had left they finally heard their salvation. The helicopter was hovering above them and Maro's parents were screaming above with a megaphone.

Theresa came running to hug them all with tears spilling on her face

"We finally found you all, thank God, thank you Lord." She repeated over and over.

When they were crying her name, thanking that they finally found them and how much they loved the both of them that's when the couple knew, they have finally had them wrapped around their fingers.

They were all suffering from severe PTSD, just hearing a clank of metal will cause them to panic.  It made them paranoid of women, anyone aside from Theresa would make them afraid, and even their own mothers couldn't come close to them. It took years to get them to grow out of their fears but still, some remained.

Then that day came, 

Calixto just walked out of his company and was craving some food to eat, he was standing next to a nearby pole when a dog passed by, and the distracted girl who was chasing after the dog accidentally bumped into him, causing her to bump into the pole hard.

Though he was shaken as he still had a fear of women, the feeling of the mate's connection shocked him more.

"Dang it Eun, I swear to the doggy God's that I will not feed you any treats for a month! " She cursed while holding her forehead. She didn't notice the mate connection from the pain but Calixto did.

He turned around in shock and saw the sun birthmark on her nape. Her ID was not far from him and he managed to catch a glimpse of her name.

Without looking at him as she was in a hurry, she bowed her head at him and apologized,

"I'm so sorry!! I-I just need to catch up to my dog, I'm so sorry!!!" She yelled and waved as she bolted back running.

" I don't have good stamina, Eun~ " Her whinning could be heard and he couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

He then tensed up when he realized that he just had encountered his mate. The mate who so longed to meet years ago, the mate he swore to never meet, and yet, something compelled him to find her, to see what she looked like.

She just so happened to be his sister's student at her university. He managed to track her schedule and went to check as to what she was up to.

It was night, it was scheduled for her shooting as a ghost of a revengeful woman. She was sitting down on a bench with her phone and a can of coke on the side when he accidentally pressed the windows to go down, this caught Aera's attention, and the moment their eyes locked it changed to blue.

Out of panic, he drove off and immediately told the Wilson couple and his mates as the Wilson couple now acted more of their parents and whom they search the final decision to as that was how they were brought up since the incident that messed them up.