Basket 23

Third POV

Just as half time had ended, both (Y/N) and Kuroko had made their way back into the gym and to their seats as the buzzer rang out. It was Touou's ball to start out, coming into Imayoshi's possession as the two captains came face to face once again. But the glasses wearing boy made a quick move and passed it to Sakurai.

Though the shy boy was met with even more pressure from Moriyama than beforehand. It was much more intense than what Sakurai was used to, it almost made him want to shrink down and disappear. However, as he was distracted, Kasamatsu was able to come up from behind Sakurai, tapping the ball out of the light brown haired boy's hands.

Now it was Hibiki's turn as he quickly grabbed the ball and began dashing down to Kaijo's hoop. Though just as he almost made it to the three point line, someone stood in his way with that cocky smirk on his face.

"Aomine..." the Bashira son growled under his breath as he dribbled the ball in place for a couple seconds.

"Hey, look at that. What are you gonna do, Hibiki? You know, you won't be able to get past me, especially with the way you're thinking right now," the navy blue haired ace began to taunt the boy.

And it was getting on Hibiki's last nerves, the anger, tension, and pressure were all beginning to bubble up even more as he glared down his former teammate. Plus, it didn't help that his hand was starting to hurt. But he could push through. He had to, for Kaijo, for himself, and for his twin sister.

"I'm not gonna let you get to me this time. We both know I'm the stronger one here. I'm the Triple Threat's twin brother after all. It'd be kind of disappointing if I let you beat me like this when I know every one of your tricks," the (h/c) haired boy smirked back, trying to suppress his anger towards Aomine's taunting.

The monster ace, though, probably had just about enough with all of this. The twins were twins alright, but that didn't mean they were exactly the same. When it came to their mindsets, well, it'd be clear enough soon for everyone to see which twin was better at that.

Letting out a scoff before rolling his dark blue eyes, Aomine then let out an even more darker smirk than what he had plastered on his face beforehand.

"You keep thinking that you and (Y/N) are the same type of player, but let's be honest here, Hibs. You're nowhere near as powerful as your sister. You've got a long way to go before you could even consider challenging me like that. I mean, come on, even your sister couldn't beat me at her own game."

Oh, that was it. Hibiki felt something snap in him once he heard those words. Did Aomine have any idea how much his sister hurt after that game? What that did to her? The boy's glare then went dark, and the vibe of the entire court changed. It could be felt even up in the audience as both (Y/N) and Hayate tensed up.

The monster ace felt it too, and even he hadn't ever seen this side to Hibiki before. As he faced off with the younger twin, Aomine was then met with an icy glare as the Bashira son grit his teeth.

"Shut..the hell.. UP!!"

And that was all that came out of Hibiki's mouth before his eyes changed right before the miracle ace's eyes. Instead of their usual shade of (e/c), the boy's orbs turned icy blue, his pupils seeming to form slits. It was almost like the temperature went down too.

"No, dummy, don't use that. No no no no no..." the triple threat then muttered to herself under her breath as she sat up.

Oh boy, this wasn't going to be good if Hibiki showed this side to him now. It wouldn't be good at all. Seirin, Kaijo, and even Touou were in shock as they watched the younger Bashira twin began dribbling the ball a little faster with Aomine staying stuck in his place. And before anyone could even blink, Hibiki was now past the monster ace, making a basket before anyone could even comprehend what had just happened.